Technomate 5402 M3 with Phantom patch - satellite encryption archaeology

BigTofC

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m motorised dish in the garden. Technomate TM-5402 M3 with Phantom patch.
My Location
South Yorkshire
I‘ve had a Technomate TM5402 M3 for a few years now connected to a 1m motorised dish. I’ve had some fun scanning the skies and picking up interesting TV stations but I recently thought about all those $ channels and so decided to install the Phantom patch after reading about it on the net.

Other than adding some BISS keys to access some Greek TV stations on Hellas sat at 39.0 E I have no idea what else the Phantom patch can give me.

I can’t find much info on the net about what the patch does or how to use it and my suspicion is that I am now looking back in time and the world of satellite encryption has moved on.

I would be interested though if anyone could give me an everything you needed to know summary of what the Phantom patch would have given me say back in 2016, what it may still give me now and what I should be looking into now if I want to keep up with the Jones’.

thanks in advance.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The Phantom patches worked quite well back in the day. Addition of the keys allowed a reasonable amount of services to be opened. You are correct that satellite encryption has moved on - nowadays it will probably still open some biss feeds / channels but not much else. 6 or 7 years ago keys were widely published across the web (definitely not on the site though!) and were easy to find.