Status
Not open for further replies.

jetset

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402HD receiver, 60cm motorised dish
My Location
Shropshire
I've just finished writing an Excel spreadsheet to update transponder info for Technomate receivers and Clark Tech clones, and thought it might come in handy for a few satellite enthusiasts. :)

The idea is to feed the spreadsheet with a "template" list - just a channel list with only satellite details (no transponders or channels). A macro pulls in all the transponder details from the satellites/beams of your choice from the Lyngsat website, and writes this to a new file. You can then load up this new file into your receiver, and scan all the satellites very quickly, since only relevant transponders are included.

Full instructions are included in the spreadsheet.

Note: I have included such a template for use with the spreadsheet, but do NOT load the template itself directly into your receiver! It is not a normal channel list, and contains no transponders or channels.

Remember to back up your own receiver's channel list before loading up the new file produced by the spreadsheet, just in case...

Features in v1.0:

* For each satellite you can choose:
(a) which beams to scan
(b) whether to scan DVB-S2 transponders
(c) whether to scan feed transponders
* Option to use actual FEC or "Auto" FEC for DVB-S transponders
* Spreadsheet displays exactly which transponders have been written to the new file

Hope someone finds this useful - I had fun learning more Excel VBA on the way!
Jetset

PS: If the attached rar file doesn't open, try changing the extension to .zip
PPS: I created the template using Cecelife's "Clark Tech Editor Studio" - well worth checking out this channel list editor if you haven't come across it before.

New uptodate file a couple of posts down.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
Looks as if it was alot of work. Will give it a go when admin has approved it.

jetset

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Shropshire
It was :D but probably because I don't have much VBA experience and had to check every few lines thoroughly.
I have since realised that although the code worked, my variables weren't declared properly :eek:. It has now been tidied up and v1.1 is attached here.

Plans for future versions:

* Choice of website from which to update transponders: King of Sat or Flysat as well as Lyngsat (should be quite straightforward to tweak the code for this)
* Generate the template using the satellite info in the spreadsheet, thus doing away with the initial template altogether (need to reverse engineer channel list files a bit more, but probably not much harder)
* Tart up the user interface - it looks like a pile of pants in places at present
* The big one... actually draw in the channels of the updated transponders at the end from the relevant website! (Trickier - need to reverse engineer channel list files in their entirety!)

Jetset

martinuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, C120 Invacom 0.3 LNB & Feedhorn, with Tm.Vbox &Technomate 5402HD
My Location
uk-stoke-on-trent
wot i do with files m8 upload it to box ?

jetset

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Shropshire
Firstly, if you're happy with your channel list, leave it alone!

If you want to update it then:
1) Don't update the Template.ndf to your box - it has no channels or transponders and is useless by itself.
2) Instead, run the spreadsheet to create a new file (the default name is TPs.ndf) which has satellites and transponders, but still no channels
3) Back up your current channel list!
4) Upload "TPs.ndf" to your receiver
5) Scan the satellites from your receiver

Full instructions in the spreadsheet - you'll need Excel 2007 or Excel 2010.

Because you've chosen which satellites and which beams you want to scan later, your receiver isn't going to spend ages looking for transponders which are being beamed to South America/Africa/Neptune etc.

Jetset

jetset

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Shropshire
Latest version attached here - major update.

Note: always back up your existing channel list before loading another one!

What this spreadsheet is for:

It is designed to help you create a Technomate / Clark Tech channel list from scratch - it will not update an existing list. The spreadsheet will grab transponders from only the relevant beams of the satellites of your choice, creating an "empty" channel list populated with satellites and transponders only (no channels). You can then scan these transponders from your receiver, finishing with a fully up-to-date list for your set-up.

New features:

* You can enter your own satellite names and positions (up to 64)
* Template file no longer needed - the macro now actually creates the NDF in full
* Choice of Lyngsat, King of Sat, or Flysat for acquiring transponders
* Each website has its own columns for URLs and beams to scan, so you can switch from
one to another easily
* Good beams for the UK already entered in the spreadsheet - easy to customise
* DVB-S2 transponders with unknown modulation can be taken if required
* Better user interface (hopefully!)
* FEC can be set to "Auto" for all transponders, including DVB-S2

Full instructions in spreadsheet. Tested on Technomate 5400 Super and 5402 HD receivers.
If the attached "rar" file does not open, try changing extension to "zip".

Jetset

nicolone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gibertini 150
My Location
italia
where can i find this file?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
This thread is from 2011 - I very much doubt the file is still available. It looks like it used to be on this thread but we lost a lot of attachements a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.