triple dragon or a dreambox for Cccam question

thedcman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
a good friend has phoned to say his triple dragon box channels are now freezing and locking up.as i know nothing about this box but im pretty converse with dreamboxes and now my new VU+ DUO so i was wondering ,
would it be better if he got a cheap dreambox 500s on his motorised system so he can run Cccam ? this way i could set it up for him.
im not sure what the triple dragon can do or not do.A sat guy sold him the job lot and set it up but 12 months on its all freezing if you know what i mean.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
There are at least two TD images that use Cccam, Artemis (Turkish, but has an alternative English menu), and the latest TDMan image. Both have a slightly different Cccam configuration setup to the Dreambox.

Unfortunately I don't use either, so can't help there. You may find more info by searching online using TDMan or Triple Dragon Artemis.

thedcman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
is there an plugin addons within the box were i can download the Cccam 2.1.4 and install ? like you would on a dreambox (blue button) ?.i've just spent an hr reading the PDF manual for the triple dragon but i cant see it.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
That's the official manual, much like that which comes with a Dreambox. For third party images you won't find anything there.

Here are some translation efforts and some tips for this TDIMAGINE ( next generation) image from Artemis Team.

The image is based on the TDEXTREME from TDTURKEY TEAM, with the same usage of the ipk infrastructure and the colored buttons. Why? Because, we have been using it since almost 3 years, works very correct. Colored buttons have different attributes. For example: RED alone will bring up the emu selection , pushing hard or twice the RED will stop all emus. RED+0 starts the gateway for cccam. RED + stop (recording stop) reboots the box.

For ftp and telnet: user is: root and the password is: tdturkey21

Please install the image, once the box restarts unplug and reboot (in order to get rid of the terrestrial tuner attempts). IMPORTANT: Setup your internet connection, and verify your connection each time after reboot, at least, till you get connected to your ccccam server. So, let’s start.

STEP 1 - is only for those who have installed a HARD DISK on their boxes, others can pass to the second step. If you have a hard disk connected to your TD, please push menu+4+5 and reach your harddisk (2). Now choose 3-Installation, go down and choose Format System Partition, #1 now. Don’t worry your recordings will not disappear. Only your system number(#) one partition will be erased. When finished please exit from all the Menus i.e. press 5x EXIT to get out of all the Menus. Now goto Step 2.

STEP 2 - You need to install some ipkg’s. So press green button. Choose Install English, unless you are happy with Turkish. This will install some new functions to your box. Now goto Step 3.

STEP 3 - Reboot and push the green button, you will see that new menus are appearing. TD Toys English (scripts:15, sections:4). Go down to the Software Treatment and choose Update Software Package List. Here I advise you to reboot. And come back to Green+TD Toys English + Software Treatment +Install Software Package. Now, we are only interested in cccam connection, so choose Emu IPKG Files and select the mgcamd 1.30c.ipk. Congratulations, you have successfully installed the emu-mgcamd 1.30c on your box. Please be aware that CCcam at the TD is actually only working (until now) as client and configuration of CCcam is somewhat different then at some other satellite receivers.

Activating the CCcam will be done by pressing Menu + 0, stopping CCcam will be possible with RED + 8.

You are almost finished with the installation, but you need to edit your configuration files. Keep in mind that this is the first time CCcam protocol is running at the TD, therefore the configuration files are not the same as you might espect and … editing the file tdccc.conf might take some time (but I am sure in the very near future there will be examples offered throught the internet.

Confi guration of CCCam:

There are 3 important files under var/keys: tdccc.conf, tdccc.server and tdccc.user.

a- tdccc.conf

In this file you have the settings for the channels you want to watch. The logic is port@caid:provider. You must play with this file with a nice editor like notepad++.

b- tdccc.server

Here, you will enter the details of the server that you will connect to.
The example comes like this:
[reader]
label = cccam
protocol = cccam
device = host.dyndns.org,12222
account = user,pass
group = 1
caid = 0100,0D00,093b,0b00,0d06
cccversion = 2.1.3
cccbuild = 5700

#[reader]
#label = cccam2
#protocol = cccam
#device = host.dyndns.org,50800
#account = user2,pass2
#group = 1
#caid = 0604,0D00,093b
#icccversion = 2.1.3
#cccbuild = 5700

Here we go to the 3rd line, device :
and put the servers hostname(or ip), ie: myfriendserver.dyndns.org or xxx.xxx.26.48, he has gave you the port number: 15000 so you put these 2 data on the line device without any space but only a comma in between.

So your 3rd line will look like this- device = myfriendserver.dyndns.org,15000 or like this in case of ip: device = xxx.xxx.26.48,15000

c- tdccc.user

This file is for editing user accounts. The principle is to transfer the data coming from a CCcam server to other protocols (like mgcamd and evocamd) that support newcamd. Here you can add users for resharing at home, this may be a bad surprise to those who make money from cs. They will not be happy, but who cares. Basically you can reshare through your Td, the cards coming from a cccam server from outside, to your other boxes at home.

You will find the example, the newcamd.list for mgcamd has a user created in the tdcc.user. It is better to change it for your needs.
STEP 4 – You have configured your box. Get your remote and push MENU+0 only for the first time. For deactivation MENU+8.

Thanks to Mgcamd.
Thanks to Artemis Team.

thedcman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
ive tried to flash the triple dragon but when i use TDCC V1.8 i get this message after the flash has loaded to the box ( it appears in TDCC in the DOS screen) :-

welcom to TD turkey imagine
root@dbs3000:/dev/shm/root# cd/
root@dbs3000:/# chmod 755/var/tmp/fcp
root@dbs3000:/# /var/tmp/fcp / var/tmp/image.img -v /dev/mtd/2
/var/tmp/image.img won't fit into /dev/mtd/2!

i factory reset the box at the mo its on extreme 3.29 ,i then set the network back up but it still wont let me.i cant seem to flash it.

im using the latest flash = 8mb_tdman_2602.bin

can anyone please tell me were im going wrong ??.its driving me nuts ,,, or is there another way to flash it ?.

do i need the rs232 connecting or just the network cable ?.

thedcman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
ignore the above i sorted it but my problem is now , getting a Cccam to work on a triple dragon.i know that the latest bmgcamd 1.35a will take a cline so i downloaded it but im unsure (even after reading the above) exactly were it goes .also , how do i install the mgcamd 1.35a ?.
sorry but i just cant get my head round it, im fine ftping and sttributes but im still abit lost.can you help please ?.
thanks,

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
The usual place is /stb/bin, but you can't transfer anything there, it's read only. When I added new versions of cams in the past I placed them in /var/bin, which will be the first port of call on boot up, ignoring any earlier versions you already have in /stb.

This was for TDMan. Maybe it's different for the eXtreme image.

thedcman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
im up to the point were i used the latest artemis img with mgcamd cccam support.i then followed the tutorial above and when i get to the point ;-

"You need to install some ipkg’s. So press green button. Choose Install English, unless you are happy with Turkish. This will install some new functions to your box."

when i press the green button i get a choice of 2 , either turkish XML or english XML scripts.so i choose english then reboot as decribed.
after reboot i then select the "green " button and the tutorial says :-

"you will see that new menus are appearing. TD Toys English (scripts:15, sections:4)."

when i press the green button i get "basic td toys menu and (scripts:2, sections:1)."

when i select this i get a choice of cams to stop start but as far as the tutorial says i havnt installed them !!.
im going round in circles here, sure to god someone must have sorted this mess out with the triple dragon and non Cccam support.
can someone please help me out here as im pissin up a tree.