Triple Dragon Set Up

td_noob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
td
My Location
na
Hi all, I have recently purchased a triple dragon and am trying to set it up however I am having great difficulty.

I have put the RIP and LIP addresses in, my firewall is off and it is connected to the PC via a LAN cable. Please can someone give any reasons why it will still not connect using the TD Tool downloaded from their web site?

Many thanks in advance

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Hi td_noob, welcome to theforum.

I assume you're using a crossover LAN cable to your PC? Straight cable only via a router.

Which version of TD Tool are you using? Best one is BernyR's TDC v.1.2, more tools in that application. I can upload it if you don't have it.

td_noob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
td
My Location
na
Thanks for the reply Llew,

I have the Triple Dragon connected directly into my PC is that not correct?

I am not sure which tool it is - I think its something like Triple Dragon Tool 2.0a or something.

td_noob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
td
My Location
na
PS if you could upload that would be awesome

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Well if you're using a crossover cable, yes, that's correct.

My TDC v.1.2 file is somewhere on another computer, would be quicker if I direct you to the official TD site. Look for TDC v.1.2 by BernyR there, it's under Settings Editor for some reason -

http://www.tripledragon.de/download.html

td_noob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
td
My Location
na
Thats great thanks. I think my issue could well be that I am using a standard ethernet cable and not a crossover cable. I will get a crossover and try!

Once I have everything set up, am I able to connect the TD box directly to the router? As I don't usually have a computer in the lounge.

Thanks

td_noob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
td
My Location
na
Do you have a link to the specific cable i need? As that would be a massive help as I am a little confused as I thought I needed a LAN / Ethernet cable - can i not use a crossover LAN cable?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Maplins do LAN crossovers. 6 quid for 2M :eek:

Cheaper from fleabay. Search for Ethernet crossover cable.

If you use a router, in TDC, change Connection Type to Router, and find your router in the Router box.

td_noob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
td
My Location
na
Just got a 10M LAN crossover cable from maplin for £12 which isn't too bad i guess - want to try and get it all working tonight.

Thank you very much for your replies and help ill keep you updated! :)

td_noob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
td
My Location
na
Ok, so I have the TD plugged in with the crossover cable, the RIP on the TD box is the same as the IP of the PC and I click 'Search' on the TDC but cannot find the TD box IP which I have set on the TD box?

td_noob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
td
My Location
na
I have the IP address of the box written on the 'Triple Dragon' bit of the window, and click 'Reconnect' and it says 'TD Login Failed' and 'Telnet connected' 'Telnet disconnected'

When I type another IP in it says 'Network not OK'

Does this mean I have the correct IP for the box? It is a used box and I do not know the password can I delete everything not he box and install a new image?

PS the red line turns green with the IP typed in too and then turns red again...

td_noob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
td
My Location
na
Sorry for all the posts but this is really getting on my nerves. I have gone into Network Interface and the I.P in there is 0.0.0.0 so is the gateway and all other settings.

However on the setup menu (enter + left arrow on start up) the IP is correct for LIP and RIP

how do I change the addresses on the Network Interface on the loaded box?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Not many people seem to have bought the Triple Dragon, and now this receiver seems quite dated, given as Llew's guide was started in 2005:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/threads/a-rough-guide-to-the-triple-dragon.22732/
I'm sure Llew, or another owner, will help you as soon as they can, but don't forget many of us work, and can't get on the forum as often as we would like. Please be a little patient, or try google, to see if any other owners have experienced similar problems.

td_noob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
td
My Location
na
Sorry, its one of those things that is really bugging me. I appreciate people work, like myself, and people can't answer in a split second - I was just writing issues as they were coming to me.

many thanks for your input

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You are probably best off flashing a new image onto it as its second nhand - clear out all the accumulated junk from the settings from the previous owner.

td_noob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
td
My Location
na
Hi, that is what I am trying to achieve but I cannot seem to conned the computer to the box? Am I doing this the right way?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Been busy with other matters, I'll retrieve my TD tomorrow from under the pile of boxes in the shed and run through the setup (need reminding myself, been a while since I used it :eek: )

td_noob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
td
My Location
na
Thank you very much Llew. I will write down all the problems I am having so you know where I am, although I am starting to think the box may be faulty as when it loads, I cannot always press the buttons, for example I cannot always press 'Menu' and the remote control doesn't always work either.

I have assigned the PC an IP address, and I have entered that address into the TD on the setup menu (left arrow, enter on boot up). I have put that in the RIP section, and I have assigned the TD box an IP in the LIP section. When I go onto the tool on the PC, I click 'Search' and scroll to 'Update Software' on the TD box in the boot up settings menu. The red bar on the TD Tool turns green, then after around 5 seconds the box says 'Network Error' and on the software it says 'Login Failed' and the bar turns red again. This leads me to believe they both see each other?

Also - When the box is loaded, it doesn't seem to save the language so I have to change the language each time. Finally when I go into network settings, the 'Network Interface' is a problem. I try to change to IPv4 (or whatever it is) click save and it does not save. All of the settings (IP, Gateway etc) are all set to 0.0.0.0 and I cannot change them either? The DNS is set to 255.255.255.255 which i cannot change either.

Sorry for the essay just thought I would give as much details as I could :)

many thanks

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi td_noob

Did you save all changes in the Bootloader Menu when you assigned the LIP and RIP?

What Bootloader version and Image does your box use?

td_noob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
td
My Location
na
Yes I scrolled down to 'save all changed' and hit enter before I went to update.

I am not sure, I will have a look when I get in from work. Thanks for your reply