My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
i may be able to get you a good deal on a sky italia box and card if you are still after one?

you might have to drop me an email if thats not against forum rules? as pms arent enabled.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
kevstarkie said:
Great thanks, was going to ask the difference between Calcio and Sport, so you recommend going for Calcio for the premiership, did they show everything sky uk showed or not?

Yes depending on what serie a games are on they did pretty much show same as on uk tv plus the games on weekdays not on uk tv etc.

kevstarkie said:
As for aljazeera, if I get one of these cards, did you use that in the italia hd receiver fine just swapping the cards over for champs league or do you have 2 seperate receivers.

I already had a receiver with the aljazeera card and cam in as it's different encryption and had the sky italia box as addition to my setup.

kevstarkie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky TV
My Location
Cornwall
Right well think I will try sky italia to begin and then maybe add aljazeera after if I thinks it's needed. If I did add another receiver would the 60cm zone 2 dish be good enough for aljazeera?

Not sure I can email or pm anyone right now as I'm a new member. What sort of deal are we talking?

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
kevstarkie said:
Right well think I will try sky italia to begin and then maybe add aljazeera after if I thinks it's needed. If I did add another receiver would the 60cm zone 2 dish be good enough for aljazeera?

Not sure I can email or pm anyone right now as I'm a new member. What sort of deal are we talking?

yes the dish will be fine and when you buy it to remember to have a quad lnb included (4 outputs) so you can add more receivers etc later.

kevstarkie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky TV
My Location
Cornwall
Is the Italia receiver just like the UK skyHD box in that you have 2 inputs and can record one channel while watching another?

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
Not on the one I have it's just a standard hd receiver.

You probably can get a pvr sky italia box but will need to be a proper subscriber in Italy.

kevstarkie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky TV
My Location
Cornwall
Oh Ok, was just checking, not that I would need to record anything anyway.

So just to clarify everything before I proceed. I need a 60cm zone 2 dish, pointed to 13e, a sky italia hd receiver and then a calcio viewing card?
This will get me most of the games Sky UK show as well as Serie A games, one 3PM Saturday game and midweek games that sky UK dont show?

Is this correct?

Kristian1985

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorized Penta 85cm. TM5400+ Super and Eaglebox HD mini.
My Location
Oxford, UK
Hi Kev,

For what it's worth, I would reccommend that you wait until a couple of weeks into the season before purchasing anything. Others may disagree, but I think things can change very quickly, and noone really knows what will be available until the season starts.

Last season I managed to watch most EPL games with a Technomate 5400 Super and a softcam (downloaded from the internet), and a dish pointed at 39E (Bulsat). This is an antiquated method, and nobody thought we would still be able to get EPL football with a softcam last season, but it just goes to show that you never know what will come along.

Anyway, it doesn't matter too much, but I think it's important to let you know that there's always a slight element of risk, even with a paid subscription. Last year, many people in the UK bought legitimate subscriptions to Tring (Albanian TV), and were left quite disappointed at the amount and quality of EPL football they received.

Hope that helps.

Kristian