uk bbc channels normally on 28.2 on intelsat 907 27.5w ?

danny10

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Amiko Alien 2,E - 85,Famaval 110 ,IBU twin
My Location
Czech republik
three..RB 1 in SD..

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You didnt actually expect the I901 Satback service to cease yesterday did you? With no reliable reports of it happening - just some unfounded rumour from a site trying to drum up business.

One of the reputable news sites or forums will announce the news when its finally happening.

Markjose

Young one with a hobby
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 110 ..... No fixed location
My Location
Monmouth
Tuned in last night and had no audio for some reason, 100% my issue 27.5w is not chaning anytime soon my local TX (which I can walk to) still has a dish pointing in the wrong direction. It is going to take a long time for A****A to make all the changes. Driving to NW spain in a few months will take a 80cm with me and shall see if we get any RX of 15w spot

Martillo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.35m offset dish @ 28.2E, generic 1.0m offset dish @ 27.5W, NOS 80cm dish @ 30W, generic 80cm dish @ 19.2E, Tooway 70cm dish @ 9E KaSat, Standard SKY minidish, SKY+HD, Sony VTX-750U, Panasonic DSB-30, Panasonic DSB-20, Technomate TM-5402HD M2 CI Super+, Technomate TM-5402HD M3 CI Super+, Starland ST135 (analogue).
My Location
South East Essex / South Central Spain / Far East Portugal
We still use it every day and it has to be said it has lasted a heck of a lot longer than I thought it would when this all started. I never thought I would see the satellite swap and MEV etc.

However they can't just replace it and turn it off in a matter of weeks and the 27th rumour coming out of GC was just that. This also means that the test transmissions at 15W will presumably become permanent and at the very least all the dishes at the UK TX sites as @Markjose mentions will have to be repositioned, then 27.5W can cease.

Fisty McB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See my signature...
My Location
County Tyrone, N. Ireland
From looking at MB21's TX Gallery, most of the UK DTT transmission sites that appear to have Satback at the ready should their main feeds fail seem to be the around 50 so "main" sites where the fibre feed to the site could fail. Satback provides the backup for the PSB1&3 multiplexes, while PSB2 appears to rely on a different method (RBL?) or try to ride it out for the best! There's only one relay site I've seen (Bruernish on the Isle of Barra in the Western Isles of Scotland) that appears to have Satback on standby presumably when across sea links fail, and there is/was a few relay sites of Bilsdale that had to resort to emergency Satback installations when its parent failed (appearing to use Triax 80cm or 110cm dishes as standard?), but it would appear that there's almost certainly less than 100 sites that have a "permanent" Satback installation (as opposed to the higher numbers for the DAB networks), so how long dual illumination between IS901 & Telstar 12V goes on will depend on available labour to move dishes, weather conditions etc. as well as sending someone out on a ferry to the Isle of Barra! Nothing unusual about this, in countries where satellite feeds are used as a primary means of feeding terrestrial transmitters, different satellites are regularly jumped on to for various reasons e.g. the UK national DAB feeds used to be on 4.8E.

Last edited:

Fisty McB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See my signature...
My Location
County Tyrone, N. Ireland
One of the reputable news sites or forums will announce the news when its finally happening.

I suspect when it happens it'll happen without public warning. It is after all only meant to be used "internally" by Arqiva and there's no need for them to mention such procedures to the masses.

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
Tuned in last night and had no audio for some reason, 100% my issue 27.5w is not chaning anytime soon my local TX (which I can walk to) still has a dish pointing in the wrong direction. It is going to take a long time for A****A to make all the changes. Driving to NW spain in a few months will take a 80cm with me and shall see if we get any RX of 15w spot
Good point! how many TX is there in the whole UK and how long does it take to repoint each dish to 15west? They may have teams organizing this In each area

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
I suspect when it happens it'll happen without public warning. It is after all only meant to be used "internally" by Arqiva and there's no need for them to mention such procedures to the masses.
we should visit William Hill to bet on the date I think..LOL

Robinson74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish 45E - 30W, Clarke-Tech ET9000
My Location
Poland
Not really - its almost certainly deliberate positioning of adjacent frequencies to limit transmission area of the BBC channels.

Which transponder is the guilty one?

Martillo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.35m offset dish @ 28.2E, generic 1.0m offset dish @ 27.5W, NOS 80cm dish @ 30W, generic 80cm dish @ 19.2E, Tooway 70cm dish @ 9E KaSat, Standard SKY minidish, SKY+HD, Sony VTX-750U, Panasonic DSB-30, Panasonic DSB-20, Technomate TM-5402HD M2 CI Super+, Technomate TM-5402HD M3 CI Super+, Starland ST135 (analogue).
My Location
I know this is a little off-topic but I don't know if it warrants a new thread and this active one seems the best place to put it.

Also forgive me if it is a stupid question!

If an installation exists which receives the Satback channels on IS901 27.5w, which if I recall correctly are on the spot 2 beam, is it possible to receive what is on the east hemi beam without adjusting the dish? The footprint for this beam looks pretty huge and I think the TPs are C band rather than Ku but is it possible?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I know this is a little off-topic but I don't know if it warrants a new thread and this active one seems the best place to put it.

Also forgive me if it is a stupid question!

If an installation exists which receives the Satback channels on IS901 27.5w, which if I recall correctly are on the spot 2 beam, is it possible to receive what is on the east hemi beam without adjusting the dish? The footprint for this beam looks pretty huge and I think the TPs are C band rather than Ku but is it possible?
Theoretically yes but the C-band hemi beam downlink power is much less than the Ku European beam. You need a dish bigger than 1.2m to get the hemi beams

Martillo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Theoretically yes but the C-band hemi beam downlink power is much less than the Ku European beam. You need a dish bigger than 1.2m to get the hemi beams

Thanks for the reply and map link - from that I see what you mean.

It also explains something else; on the spot 2 beam why with an essentially identical dish we get a better signal in Portugal near the border with Spain, than at more or less the southern tip of Spain.

dvdfilm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.5m dish
My Location
spain
Ironically, the signal from Intelsat has improved a lot these days