viacess cam and card

sirrainy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky +, fortec star reciever, 80cm dish, viacess cam
My Location
leicester
hi all

after finally getting my system up, ive come accross a problem, have searched and looked here but can't fid a answer, i have a viacess cam the latest one and a sexview card which is viacess, i slotted the card ito the cam and the cam is now in the box, but it will not unscramble the channels. is it a case of waitig for a signal or something?

help would be appreciated

regards

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
sirrainy said:
hi all

after finally getting my system up, ive come accross a problem, have searched and looked here but can't fid a answer, i have a viacess cam the latest one and a sexview card which is viacess, i slotted the card ito the cam and the cam is now in the box, but it will not unscramble the channels. is it a case of waitig for a signal or something?

help would be appreciated

regards

You need the dish to point to Hot Bird 13E.
I don't see a motor in your profile?
If you are pointing to the sat, then it could be the CAM.
Which type is it and it's firmware?
The chip on the card should be on top.

cdtronix

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax With Inverto Black Ultra fixed on 4.8East. 60cm Dish Fixed on 28East both Diseqc onto Dreambox 800HD. Cdtronix 1.2m Motorised with Twin LNB using Technomate TM6800 HD. Seperate Sky+ HD & Icecrypt S1500C.
My Location
Essex
if its a new card as long as you follow what HB13dish says then leave it on a sexview channel and the card should self activate within an hr, usually happens quicker than though.

sirrainy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
leicester
HB13DISH said:
You need the dish to point to Hot Bird 13E.
I don't see a motor in your profile?
If you are pointing to the sat, then it could be the CAM.
Which type is it and it's firmware?
The chip on the card should be on top.

hi

thanks for the quick reply both of you, the dish is at hotbird, i have a mono so im recieving h/b and astra.

the chip is on top and in the slot, as to the type its a cam from (maplin) if im allowed to say it, as for the firmware im not sure im still pretty new to all this.

regards

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
sirrainy said:
hi

thanks for the quick reply both of you, the dish is at hotbird, i have a mono so im recieving h/b and astra.

the chip is on top and in the slot, as to the type its a cam from (maplin) if im allowed to say it, as for the firmware im not sure im still pretty new to all this.

regards

What type of cam? is it a red cam or what?

sirrainy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
leicester
HB13DISH said:
What type of cam? is it a red cam or what?

It's a red one,

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
What is your receiver model number?
What kind of encryptions does it support?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
One of these?

_http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=100892&doy=10m5

Attachments

• cam.jpg
    cam.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 45

sirrainy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
leicester
HB13DISH said:
What is your receiver model number?
What kind of encryptions does it support?

hiya

yes its very simalar to the one in the pic, the reciever is a fortec star from maplin, it supports viaccess conax etc

im still baffled as to why its not working, fortec star sigma

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
sirrainy said:
hiya

yes its very simalar to the one in the pic, the reciever is a fortec star from maplin, it supports viaccess conax etc

im still baffled as to why its not working, fortec star sigma

Just checked the Sigma model.
It has 2 CI and 1 embedded.
Can you tell us what do you have in all the slots?
Do you have another card in the embedded or the other CI?
If you have, then the other card is probably preventing your card from working, especially if it is Viaccess.
They don't say which encrypyion is the embedded, so why don't you try to insert it there and see what happens? The chip should be DOWN.
Also shut down box,(power cord out) take out the RED CI CAM and insert it in the second CI Slot.
Insert your card, plug the cord in and see what happens.
Good luck. :)

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello s_x View,is sending not only in viacces ,also in irdeto 2,and i think now also in conax?
3 ca systems @ the same time,like orf on astra,some old reveivers,has then problems with it,to open the channel,when the reveiver dont "know"what ca system should use,check,the video pid manualy

,i dont know your reveiver modell,but on old reveiver modells,in the past,i have the some problem on orf !
then i sofware upgrade comes out,and everything was okay!

sirrainy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
leicester
HB13DISH said:
Just checked the Sigma model.
It has 2 CI and 1 embedded.
Can you tell us what do you have in all the slots?
Do you have another card in the embedded or the other CI?
If you have, then the other card is probably preventing your card from working, especially if it is Viaccess.
They don't say which encrypyion is the embedded, so why don't you try to insert it there and see what happens? The chip should be DOWN.
Also shut down box,(power cord out) take out the RED CI CAM and insert it in the second CI Slot.
Insert your card, plug the cord in and see what happens.
Good luck. :)

Hi all

first of all thanks for all advice, i have done all the above and still nothing.

as a noob to this its very frustrating indeed, the card itselfe is genuine and the cam is brand new and was sealed. Ive been looking at the dish and i see that a quater of it is hitting a very close wall, but in the channel list all the sexview channels are there just scrambled, so scratching my head and looking at the dish could that be the prob? if it was , why would i be able to see the channels in the list?

Please help b4 i go bold lol :-worship:-doh!

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
sirrainy said:
Hi all

first of all thanks for all advice, i have done all the above and still nothing.

as a noob to this its very frustrating indeed, the card itselfe is genuine and the cam is brand new and was sealed. Ive been looking at the dish and i see that a quater of it is hitting a very close wall, but in the channel list all the sexview channels are there just scrambled, so scratching my head and looking at the dish could that be the prob? if it was , why would i be able to see the channels in the list?

Please help b4 i go bold lol :-worship:-doh!

Can you receive any FTA channels on Hot Bird?
Suggest to delete the S*view channels and then manual scan the transponder and see if you get the channels back.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
please,tell us,what you can read in the viaccess card menu of your receiver?
maybe,there is a conection problems,of the card reader,and you get proberbly the massage no card inserted?
check this first,when you get any ca massage on the screen,what you can read,at the moment inserting the card?

look also in start and end dates,in the ca menu,normaly,you see the date of that day,you acticated your card first time!
do you see this date,or not?

sirrainy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
leicester
Turok said:
Hello!
please,tell us,what you can read in the viaccess card menu of your receiver?
maybe,there is a conection problems,of the card reader,and you get proberbly the massage no card inserted?
check this first,when you get any ca massage on the screen,what you can read,at the moment inserting the card?

look also in start and end dates,in the ca menu,normaly,you see the date of that day,you acticated your card first time!
do you see this date,or not?

hi

after looking in the menu there is no start date or expiary date, it tells me that it is readig the viacess cam, and also tells me there is a card iserted into it. ive cleaned the chip o the card with a dry bit of cloth, but that didnt make n e difference.

ive contacted the place were i bought it from and no joy.

regards