viacess red cams scm help ! `

robbiemcd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 6800 +diablo - im motorised dish
My Location
belfast
hi guys - i've just bought 5 used viaccess cams - i have an expired art card- all cams are recognised in the recever and you can get into the cam menu on the receiver - however only 1 of the lets me read the card number and see the expiration dates the other 4 keep saying insert card - is there a way to fix this ?

can i clean the cam ?

any help greatly appreciated!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
It sounds like the others may have an older version of Viaccess, or are fried and not recognising a card being inserted, but I do not think they can be updated to the latest 2.5 or 2.6 spec since as far as I know there is insufficient memory space on red cams for the latest versions.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
robbiemcd said:
hi guys - i've just bought 5 used viaccess cams - i have an expired art card- all cams are recognised in the recever and you can get into the cam menu on the receiver - however only 1 of the lets me read the card number and see the expiration dates the other 4 keep saying insert card - is there a way to fix this ?

can i clean the cam ?

any help greatly appreciated!

It depends on what procedure did you take in order to change the cams and reading the card.
I suggest that you would follow this method:
1 - Shutdown box and pull the power cord out.
2 - Insert one of the CAMs, preferably one that didn't show any info.
3 - Insert the ART card.
4 - connect the power cord to the mains.
5 - Switch on the receiver, if it doesn't switch on automatically.
6 - Tell us if you are getting a better reading.
7 - Repeat for other CAMs if this method works.
8 - While you are at it, note down the firmware version for each CAM and make a list of the respective CAM serial number.