Viewing Sky on IPBox9000 / Cuberevo HD - possible?

cyberdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Considering CubeRevo HD Twin or IPBox 9000
My Location
Southern Europe
I'm considering getting either an IPbox9000 or Cuberevo HD to replace my old Sky box. Will my sky card work in these boxes straight out the box or will I need to do configuring?

Also, any comments on the IPBox vs Cuberevo wrt support, software updates etc. would be appreciated. It appears to me that the IPbox has more support / activity in the forums.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
cyberdude said:
I'm considering getting either an IPbox9000 or Cuberevo HD to replace my old Sky box. Will my sky card work in these boxes straight out the box or will I need to do configuring?
It wont work out of the box, you'll need to install software that will allow the box to read your card.

I've never tested a Sky card in one, so I cant tell you exactly what to do.

Also, consider that sky are currently in the process of a card swap which might change things a lot.

cyberdude said:
Also, any comments on the IPBox vs Cuberevo wrt support, software updates etc. would be appreciated. It appears to me that the IPbox has more support / activity in the forums.
The same software can be loaded to either box, so its all the same.

cyberdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern Europe
Thanks. I'll look into what software can do. I heard that an external card reader will be required. If so that is not an ideal solution.

cyberdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern Europe
One other thing. Assuming I get Sky working, will i need to pay the £10pm to be able to record their programs or does that only apply to sky+ boxes?

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
cyberdude said:
One other thing. Assuming I get Sky working, will i need to pay the £10pm to be able to record their programs or does that only apply to sky+ boxes?
No, there's no need to pay Sky for the privilage of recording.

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
for S*Y UK card specialy you will need to read the card thru a phoenix reader conected to the USB conexion at the back (a USB to serial adapter needed) , the internal card reader simply wont read it..cheers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What works now, may not work when the Sky card swap out is completed, so be aware.

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
the same was said about the premiere NDS cards when issued ,but until now working perfectly ,unless they mass change all the hardware (about 10millions + Digiboxes) i think they can do naff all

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, I'm not saying that it won't work, but when the full swap has been completed, there are lots of ways that they can make things more difficult, nobody knows yet. So if someone is thinking of investing a substantial amount of money on a new receiver on the basis of it working now, there is a chance that they may have wasted their money.

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
totaly agree with you :-worship