WeekEPG 3.1b

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM600 Official, DM500S Clone, Linux MythTV, Nova-T USB2 Stick, Nova-S-USB2 Tuner, S*y Subs, TRex -CAM, Satelco EasyWatch PCI DVB-S + CI Interface
My Location
West Midlands, England
This is a short post from me (really for my later reference) on what settings are required for WeekEPG 3.1b to be able to fetch the Sky EPG into its repository. Its here because I really messed up my settings, and was only getting now/next data (circa 3000 titles) and no summaries, but with these settings I get 59000+ titles and 57000+ summaries.

My Setup:
DM600 running Gemini 4.50 for that Box, with WeekEPG 3.1b plugin activated.
So:-
1) This seems to be important!
Make sure you're in Radio Mode, tuned to 'Hip Hop'
The service for Hip Hop for me reads as the following data, but of note, I don't receive any audio:
Provider:BSKYB
Video PID:none
Audio PID:0d2eh (3374d)
PCR PID:0d2eh (3374d)
PMT PID:0132h (306d)
Transport Stream ID: 07d4h
Original Network ID: 0002h
Service ID: 0fd1h
Namespace: 11a0000h

Satellite: 28.2 Sats
Freq: 11777v
FEC:2/3, Symbol Rate 27499.

So Once you're happy you've got the channel set:-
Yellow/WeekEPG.
From the EPG listing, press exit, then Setup.
Settings as follows:-
10 TStart Offs 10 TEnd Offs
0 , Local Time Offset Unticked
Font Size 20/18
Show Current Channel Ticked.
Use Offline Data Ticked.
Offline EPG Storage Path
/hdd/weekepg
Then press RED to choose the channel, and select Hip Hop.
Set Language to UK if necessary.
I would then press Save (blue)
Then back into setup
Finally Green to run the Log, and Yes to Confirm.
It takes about 30 seconds to grab the titles, then perhaps a further minute to grab the Summary Info.

As previously stated, you should get 50,000+ titles. If you've only got 3000 is, and no summaries, somethings not working.

So in summary, it seems that the EPG data is currently being transmitted on this channel, rather than on Sky1, Sky News and Sky Movies stated elsewhere - at least, thats how it seems on my system.
Hope this helps both myself and someone else.
Now to figure out how to get the WeekEPG data into MV :cool: ;)

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
You're right about the Hip Hop UK radio channel. Nabilosat are using the very same method build into their BH0.6 image and it works great !

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
Mariana Trench - Pacific Ocean
B16MCC said:
You're right about the Hip Hop UK radio channel. Nabilosat are using the very same method build into their BH0.6 image and it works great !

Indeed that plugin, WeekEPG, has been coded by the same person who worked on the integrated EPG for Nabilosat images, MaxZ4.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
DeepDiver said:
Indeed that plugin, WeekEPG, has been coded by the same person who worked on the integrated EPG for Nabilosat images, MaxZ4.
I have added hip hop to a tv boquet on my 800 with DBEdit and it works perfect, if you do the same with this on an enigma 1 box will that work too, instead of having to switch to radio mode?

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
tomthebomb1968 said:
I have added hip hop to a tv boquet on my 800 with DBEdit and it works perfect, if you do the same with this on an enigma 1 box will that work too, instead of having to switch to radio mode?

Zapping to the channel where the EPG data are transmitted is not enough. It is necessary that the image includes the necessary code to process those data, and convert them. As the SKY UK EPG is not integrated to Nabilosat Enigma 1 images, you need to use the plugin WeekEPG to download it.

On a note. My DM7020 is getting dusty :D Most developments nowdays are for e2 ;)

Somethins else. From your DM800, can you please tell me how many the channel Sky Sports 1 is listed ? Not from your bouquets, but from the complete list. It should be 4 times, on Lyngsat there are 4 of them. In this case, can you please tell me if they broadcast the same events ? In other words, is the EPG the same for these 4 channels ?

Thank you.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
I am picking up 5 Sky Sports 1 channels and all have the same EPG, One is really the Sky Bet service

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
tomthebomb1968 said:
I am picking up 5 Sky Sports 1 channels and all have the same EPG, One is really the Sky Bet service

Tnx for your answer.
Still on your DM800 with Nabilo BH 0.6, do you have the EPG for each of the 5 channels ?

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
DeepDiver said:
Zapping to the channel where the EPG data are transmitted is not enough. It is necessary that the image includes the necessary code to process those data, and convert them. As the SKY UK EPG is not integrated to Nabilosat Enigma 1 images, you need to use the plugin WeekEPG to download it.

On a note. My DM7020 is getting dusty :D Most developments nowdays are for e2 ;)

Somethins else. From your DM800, can you please tell me how many the channel Sky Sports 1 is listed ? Not from your bouquets, but from the complete list. It should be 4 times, on Lyngsat there are 4 of them. In this case, can you please tell me if they broadcast the same events ? In other words, is the EPG the same for these 4 channels ?

Thank you.

DeepDiver said:
Tnx for your answer.
Still on your DM800 with Nabilo BH 0.6, do you have the EPG for each of the 5 channels ?
Ok I did a sat scan and cleared all existing channels, now have 4 Sky Sports1, One for Ireland /One for UK/ One for Pubs/ and the other is SkyBet, Yes they all show the same EPG;)

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM600 Official, DM500S Clone, Linux MythTV, Nova-T USB2 Stick, Nova-S-USB2 Tuner, S*y Subs, TRex -CAM, Satelco EasyWatch PCI DVB-S + CI Interface
My Location
West Midlands, England
OK, just an update for you Guys, I've decoded the WeekEPG files and am now writing a tool that will convert them into xmltv or epgui files. I'm doing the conversion on a Linux PC, probably using PHP. I've got a mysql database now holding the program information, and I'm just writing the automatic sql scripts to parse and process the WeekEPG files. I'll then write a generator to kick out the xmltv files so that MV can download them. Its not the neatest solution, but it should do the job. As an aside, I will be posting updates to my blog _http://digitaldiablouk.blogspot.com and be putting major developments on here.

Smurfking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020si
My Location
Midlands
Hi...followed the instructions and got Hip Hop ch, did everything correct, got 61k+ and 58k+ for summary. is there anything i need to do after this. i still only get now and next on EPG

Have rebooted...still nothing.

Help!!

salv90

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
My Location
UK
Yea I have had the same problem as above in the past whenever I have tried this.

Is there a trick we are missing