Newbie Here Weird problem with new setup

A

archive10

Us in " fringe lands " prefer other LNB´s
Ahem. Not necessarily *all* of us...
In the fringe lands "in the other direction" (east vs south), the IBUQ has previously been very good with the difficult verticals, as they seemed to have a reasonable H/V isolation.
The goobays and other LNBs may be even better - I can't say as I haven't had a chance to test any of those - but the IBUQ has worked really well compared to many other "standard" LNBs...

A

Archive4

The goobays and other LNBs may be even better
Want one to try, if you cannot buy one in the eastern fringe lands, someone from the southern fringe lands may assist in the purchase of such items!

Schotelman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HB-1000S + HDR-1100S, 65 cm dish pointing at Astra 28.2E
My Location
Leiden, Netherlands
OK, the Inverto Black Ultra Quad is now installed. The verdict:

Everything works perfectly! My twin tuner (after a factory reset) is seeing full signal and full quality on both inputs and my single tuner upstairs the same. One very happy camper here :)

The design and build of the Inverto has a much better feel of quality about it than the Megasat, even the slick black cardboard packaging is in a completely different league.

As I said previously, very bizarre in this day and age that an LNB can be incompatible with a set-top box. However, thanks to you guys' expert advice I am now up and running without having to shell lots of cash out for a satellite guy.

Many thanks for helping a newbie sort out a weird problem that had me banging my head against the wall.

Simon

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
That's great news - and thanks for letting us know. You'd be surprised how many issues simply wither on the vine.

Just got to sort out all the Contributors' headaches now and all will be well!

A

Archive4

OK, the Inverto Black Ultra Quad is now installed. The verdict:

Everything works perfectly! My twin tuner (after a factory reset) is seeing full signal and full quality on both inputs and my single tuner upstairs the same. One very happy camper here :)

The design and build of the Inverto has a much better feel of quality about it than the Megasat, even the slick black cardboard packaging is in a completely different league.

As I said previously, very bizarre in this day and age that an LNB can be incompatible with a set-top box. However, thanks to you guys' expert advice I am now up and running without having to shell lots of cash out for a satellite guy.

Many thanks for helping a newbie sort out a weird problem that had me banging my head against the wall.

Simon
No problem, bill is in the post!