West London, Home Counties (Surrey, Middx, and bits of Hampshire/Sussex and Berks)

Frenzy10

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, iStar HD X20000
My Location
London, UK
Also live in a semi detached house 5mins from Brent Cross with a large garden and garage. Dish is currently affixed to the top side of the garage

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Hi Fenzy

Apologies for the delay.

Would you be able to get planning permission for such a dish, do you have good neighbours ?

The 2.4m size is the minimum required for reception of the satellite, and the dish would have to be a quality one.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Then it will have to be camouflaged.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Skype callsign - sat-elite1

northern34

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
no setup yet :-)
My Location
London W11
Motorised systems, 1m and above.

Some covert camera installation

and

motorcycle restoration, servicing and repairs, including engine / gearbox /reboring.

Hi,

I need to buy and install a motorized dish in my place, 110 or 120 cm diameter.

The most difficult part would be to find a good place in my terrace, I am afraid finding the right stand won't be easy... If you can do it, please send me a DM or email me at. I live very near Portobello road (Ladbroke Groove tube Station).

Looking forward to hear from you,
David

(email address removed for your protection by Admin)

Last edited by a moderator:

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi David

Portebello Road is a few miles into the Low Emission Zone, and whilst the van exceeds the pollution detail contained within the latest MOT (and exceeds that of the stringent diesel 2007 emission checks) it fails as a result of little more than the registration detail.

I suspect a 2000 vehicle may have had number plates made of noxious lead for it not to pass since it does run quite happily on vegetable oil in all but the coldest conditions, but the LEZ introduced by the previous mayor ensured there was only a two year window to allow the trusty Nissan Vanette into London territory.

Google Silveta and corporation tax and you get this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...lled-238000-through-tax-avoidance-scheme.html

Sounds a bit like Chris Moyles.

So I will unfortunately have to forego the survey/installation

Many apologies and best regards

CH

northern34

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London W11
Hi David
Portebello Road is a few miles into the Low Emission Zone, and whilst the van exceeds the pollution detail contained within the latest MOT (and exceeds that of the stringent diesel 2007 emission checks) it fails as a result of little more than the registration detail.
I suspect a 2000 vehicle may have had number plates made of noxious lead for it not to pass since it does run quite happily on vegetable oil in all but the coldest conditions, but the LEZ introduced by the previous mayor ensured there was only a two year window to allow the trusty Nissan Vanette into London territory.
So I will unfortunately have to forego the survey/installation
Many apologies and best regards
CH

Well, thanks to you, I learnt something new about the place where I just moved in :-)

Thank you anyway for your kindness. If you happen to know anyonbe on this area that you would recommend, I would be happy to accept recommendations!

Cheers,
David

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
You could take a couple of pictures of the terrace, (looking in and out) that show the potential mounting points.

It is possible I could work on a suitable installation without ladders if you have the right access points, and a suitable parking area for the car.

northern34

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London W11
You could take a couple of pictures of the terrace, (looking in and out) that show the potential mounting points.

It is possible I could work on a suitable installation without ladders if you have the right access points, and a suitable parking area for the car.

The place has a rooftop terrace facing south; since I need this dish for my work, I made sure before renting the place that this was suitable to install a dish on it. So I am almost positive you won't need a ladder, the terrace is accesible from inside. And the cabling is already installed.

This is a private street with parking place, that's not a problem.

The only thing I am not sure about is where/how to install the pole. It could be attached to the wall, but it won't be easy), or, in the worst case scenario, I could sacrifice some space in the terrace and install it there, with some kind of stand. I would need your advice on this.

I will send you now a PM with some pictures and my email. I already have the rotor (stab HH120) and the LNB, but I need to buy the dish itself.

Regards,
David

northern34

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London W11
I will send you now a PM with some pictures and my email. I already have the rotor (stab HH120) and the LNB, but I need to buy the dish itself.

Private message sent :-)

Albez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
penta 85, tm 5402hd, tm 2600
My Location
London
Just wanna say a thanks to Channel Hopper who came out in double quick time on a Sunday and done a great job in tuning my dish in for me and getting me satellites I didn't even think was possible. This guy is professional and friendly and really knows his stuff. Cheers mate!

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Just wanna say a thanks to Channel Hopper who came out in double quick time on a Sunday and done a great job in tuning my dish in for me and getting me satellites I didn't even think was possible. This guy is professional and friendly and really knows his stuff. Cheers mate!

Thank you for the feedback:), and a good job done CH :-applause.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
A bit of tweaking (and straightening out) of a bent dish works wonders. Thank you for the praise

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Hope you didn't find too many errors with my install :-buttkick

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Nah, not many. :-lol

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Update (should have been last month)

Prices have had to be raised by £12.50 on the service call thanks to the ULEZ tax, though if I can double up on any work inside Sadiq Khan's enclave (less than a mile from here), I will remove it from the final bill.

There are some additional issues as well, pottering along at 20MPH means a 10 mile journey - say Kew - now takes an hour longer to get in and out of the area, so I have to charge a half day.

That is on top of the parkng issues, unless you have a permit or onsite / nearby space I will be wondering why you haven't called somebody local with a bicycle, or can carry ladders /kit on the bus/underground etc.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
You could be busy Christmas day then:)