Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
MacAddict said:
me too, fingers crossed :D
Hiya m8,

Did it come?

Mine did!

I'm just going to run it vanilla for a few days to check stability and familiarise myself with it (...or NOT if I get itchy fingers!), but my wireless setup is working great, and I can FTP in and transfer video recordings backward and forwards across my wireless network/LAN...

Just installing VideoLAN to play the .ts files on the PC, and some bits and bobs to convert the various video files to SVCD/DVD etc. Think my DVD burner is going to be kept busy again!

Unbelievable piece of kit for £300 delivered! Excellent quality picture...

STICK

MacAddict

Reaction score
It did :D

it is sat next to me at the office. Being a bunch of crazy young Software Engineers, we have a tradition in the office. Whenever somebody buys a new "toy" we gather around and have a play/discussion. The dreambox got them quite excited.

I cant wait to get home and a have a play. I had a similar idea of running the stock image for as long as I can resist, which will be 3 hours at best :D. Mine did not come with a manual not that I would have read it.

I paid £270 just for the box and I think I could have got £30 cheaper from
Deutshland, cost of impatience I guess.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
No manual with mine either, but if you want the English one, I've got it in pdf format. Just shout, it's 1.4MB (or search the internet, it's called manualdm7000e.pdf).

STICK

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
BGonaSTICK said:
No manual with mine either, but if you want the English one, I've got it in pdf format. Just shout, it's 1.4MB (or search the internet, it's called manualdm7000e.pdf).

STICK

I am happy for you two, get the thing going with an image, forget the original! BORING!!!!! Just go for it!!

Don't worry about the manual, it is next to useless. I have some good links for setting up etc in the idiot guide, and of course you can always ask Rolf O-Ha .
And I am serious about contributions from you guys, especially the wireless LAN! Failure to do so may cause...ah well you know the routine :D

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
T_G said:
...And I am serious about contributions from you guys, especially the wireless LAN! Failure to do so may cause...ah well you know the routine :D
Yeah yeah, don't sweat it. When I've got my box running sweetly, I'll do you a fancy write-up. with pictures. Promise ;)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
That's better!! Stick gets Answer of the week award for the second time running!!!!

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
Almost autoupdate (unless I am missing something).
You can download the k*ys straight into the box from the internet, if you box has internet access. I update the hydra control panel which then updates which k*y downloads are available. You can also download plugins, addons and emu's ( big birds? ) from the control panel.

I would say that having you dreambox connected to the internet is not a must have, but almost a must have.

MacAddict

Reaction score
BonceChops said:
Almost autoupdate (unless I am missing something).
You can download the k*ys straight into the box from the internet, if you box has internet access. I update the hydra control panel which then updates which k*y downloads are available. You can also download plugins, addons and emu's ( big birds? ) from the control panel.

I would say that having you dreambox connected to the internet is not a must have, but almost a must have.
yeah, hydra is very easy to use. I am all up and running. Feeling guilty about hijacking this thread, I have found that on Astra 19e and hotbird 13e (using hydra atlantis final) I got more channels than I can shake a stick at (touch wood). sly italy,c*nal+(spanish ), taquill_a and prima_fila (italian). I have found that many of these have an english audio option :D.

I have one problem so far with the dreambox, but my old fortecstar was fine. My tv is widescreen and i have set the dreambox to 16.9. My tv now does not operate the auto aspect ratio switching when I fire up the dreambox. This was with both the stock image(1.05) and the hydra (1.08). tried different scart and connecting the dreambox to av1 or av2 with no luck. Ideas ?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
MacAddict said:
...My tv is widescreen and i have set the dreambox to 16.9. My tv now does not operate the auto aspect ratio switching when I fire up the dreambox. This was with both the stock image(1.05) and the hydra (1.08). tried different scart and connecting the dreambox to av1 or av2 with no luck. Ideas ?
That's very odd?!?

Mine still switches OK... sure you're using the same SCART socket? Have you set the video to RGB on the DB? Maybe that's it....?

Anyhow, what happened to using the stock image for a while?!?!?!

LOL, I managed to last a couple of hours longer than you!!

Did you get C*nax working? I've got a feeling you said that you couldn't see 1W actually...

... and sorry again to the thread starter, but to recap, the answer is ......EVERYTHING!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm sure that BonceChops will feel that the thread has been travelling in the same direction, so should be no problem. :)

PS, mine switches fine as well. :)

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Hi,
This may seem a silly question, but when selecting an EMU in the Hydra Atlantis Image, would you expect to see the decoded video immediately, after closing the Control panel, or after changing channel?

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
If it is the correct emu the picture appears straight away

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
Can anyone explain how to set up emu's to be sticky. I have managed to get it working but I don't know how I did it :D

I want to use different emu's for different channels. Does anybody know of a good write up on it please?

eobras

Reaction score
MacAddict said:
not had a look there, not had a look as my German is a non starter. But is that with a particular image or all of them ? The way I understand is that some images (hydra) can autoupdate the keys from web servers.
you mentioned before...the german pages... as "Kraut" I looked at it...
what you have found is not one of our best DREAMBOX sites...

The dreambox community in Germany is huge and excellent...you find all images / SCAMS / keys at the fingertip... (90 % of the images are with english skins..)

Somebody mentioned 2 satelites (Agavre and German...)

you are talking about

HISPA 30W (portugese + spain + brasilian TV)
and
ASTRA 19,2E (german + international= mixed)

BUT especially the MOVIE CHANNELS (there are about 30 of them only talking about direct TV !!!... ) are in english or english with subtitels!

both might be very interesting for you... the almost all of the inlcuded Pay TV providers (except nagra2 cryption) is already hacked and are
avilable in our sites...

For additional information... my email ist listed..

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
BonceChops said:
Can anyone explain how to set up emu's to be sticky. I have managed to get it working but I don't know how I did it :D

I want to use different emu's for different channels. Does anybody know of a good write up on it please?
Don't know what image you have, and what online updates you've done for the various EMU's and Control Panel software, but on mine (Hydra Atlantis 1.08 Final), in the s*ftcam setup, there is a button to 'STICK' it to both the channel and/or the bouquet. Sorry, haven't seen anything written up.

STICK

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
BGonaSTICK said:
Don't know what image you have, and what online updates you've done for the various EMU's and Control Panel software, but on mine (Hydra Atlantis 1.08 Final), in the s*ftcam setup, there is a button to 'STICK' it to both the channel and/or the bouquet. Sorry, haven't seen anything written up.

STICK

Hey Stick

I would really appreciate more info about this. Generally I just use the EMU selector to switch when needed, but it woul dbe easier. In any case, you were nominated to research the Stick-EMU-To Channel subject and teach us all as you got "Stick" in your name.

T_G

P.S Of course I will do what I can whenever the subject "_ - Channel comes up" O-Ha

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
BonceChops said:

In the Hydra - Atlantis image the procedure seems to be as follows:
1. Go to the channel you want to set up and bring up the control panel [blue], then select Softcam, and Sm@rtkey.
2. Select the required Softcam and press [Green] to make it the current Cam.
3. Use the arrows to move down to one of two buttons marked [Sticky]. The first is the channel, the second is the provider. Presing [OK] on one of these makes it stick for either this channel, or all channels by this provider. The button text changes to [Unstick] when selected.
4. repeat above for all channels...

HTH :-)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
djlemur said:
In the Hydra - Atlantis image the procedure seems to be as follows:
1. Go to the channel you want to set up and bring up the control panel [blue], then select Softcam, and Sm@rtkey.
2. Select the required Softcam and press [Green] to make it the current Cam.
3. Use the arrows to move down to one of two buttons marked [Sticky]. The first is the channel, the second is the provider. Presing [OK] on one of these makes it stick for either this channel, or all channels by this provider. The button text changes to [Unstick] when selected.
4. repeat above for all channels...

HTH :-)
LOL, I was about to say that... Alright T_G?!?!?

Nicely explained.

Tried to get some screenshots of the OSD, but they come out almost white... sorry.

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
Many thanks.

So you select the emu and press green to start it.
Then you select sticky or unstick then what do you press? green again or enter or just exit.

Talking about the exit button, my remote does not have the lame button. Just exit and OK button's.