Just Sharing This What to do with BBC Three Freeview channel number...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
im guessing this part is not gonna happen cause of brexit right?

The 700MHz band will be a global "universal standard" for 4G or 5G mobile data, but being in the EU we had to start working on it sooner because Europe sez so, so in or out, 700MHz is being sold off regardless, and besides, tightening up the freeview band would get rid of the useless shopping, dating & religion channels that take up space in the channel lists... :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
DVBT / T2 is used in over 170 countries worldwide and growing. It will not be replaced by another format any time soon.

daro2096

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No setup at present
My Location
Consett, Durham
If all the muxes went DVB-T2 with up to 40mbps you could have up to 18 SD channels and up to 6 HD stations per mux(24 hour stations).

7 muxes would cover all the channels currently broadcasting on Freeview if all the muxes were DVB-T2 256QAM 32KE 2/3 40.2Mb/s DVB-T2 MPEG4 with about 20mbps spare. Mind you you could get that down to 6 if the SD versions of HD channels all closed down on Freeview.

Last edited: