PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Take care with your comments regarding the forum's policy on politics if you're going to comment on this.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
A social media platform that should have been regulated years ago, I doubt one government could rein it in, but good luck to them.

Take care with your comments regarding the forum's policy on politics if you're going to comment on this.

Politics?

Regardless, has there ever been a forum policy on politics ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A social media platform that should have been regulated years ago, I doubt one government could rein it in, but good luck to them.

Politics?

Regardless, has there ever been a forum policy on politics ?
1678605834970.png

dmaavrigdo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m Laminas OFC1200 dish
Inverto Quad Black Ultra IDLT-QDL412-ULTRA-OPN
Octagon SF8008 twin
Yamaha HTR-2067
My Location
Vansbro Sweden
Uncle George arrives at seven. Bring two cakes.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Yes, that line confirms a blanket ban on subjects that could bring the forum into disrepute. I vaguely recall there were more subjects in the original Ts + Cs , mature content for example.
As above I don't believe there has been a specific rule on political discussion, a number of threads in the Tech News Feed section have been political in nature, to be - positively - debated by members.

Back to the subject though, the proposed legislation is scrutinised by a cross-party joint committee as per this link.

AFAIK the UK OSB was not subject to a referendum, it is a progression of earlier Acts, crafted to keep legislation up to date with new technology/threats to the country's border security and the general public. Nothing in the Bill will be put into statute without approval across the board.