where i can find Analogue signal generator for 12 ghz freqency range?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
today,a friend in germany ask me this question on the phone!
after the analouge switch off,he looking for a device,looks like a big container box,was one time listed on ebay usa,that is able,to convert a digital picture source ,back into a anlouge signal!

he wants to use his montery 140 also,after the signal swtich off ,and want ask a technical engeneer,to build this nesarsary device,in a self made construction!

any ideas,where we can find the nesarsary parts,for this project analouge forever?

how much aproxemently this project would coasts?
this kind,of comercial device we are looking for,maybe nealry imposible to find?

most german cable operators,will also convert,after the swtich off,the signal back,from digital to analouge,because the have to many people with old tvs!

thanks,for your technical, self construction input in this case:)

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I don't think you need a 12GHz signal generator for this. Don't forget, the LNB down converts the frequency to something like 950MHz, so you would only need a 950MHz to 2150MHz(?) frequency generator.

Sounds like a good idea, though, for us nostalgics. Wouldn't mind obtaining old analogue scramblers as well, such as Videocrypt and Syster - any ideas what they do with the old equipment? Actually, I remember MTV Germany sent an "encrypted" flag which made a Videocrypt DECODER scramble a clear picture. Would be interested in getting some technicalities on this to generate my own "flag" to feed to an old Videocrypt decoder..... And then feed it back to another Videocrypt decoder to decrypt it :-rofl2

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I asked a somewhat related question not too long back, the simple answer was that there's no point, but, I think that there is cos Analogue doesn't fall over when you just open and close the fridge door (small arc from the light switch in the door!!), where as digital does, cos it's rubbish, and full of rubbish too... O-Ha

My thread:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/analogue-systems/193640-thought-re-using-old-analogue-boxes.html

I think that all you need is a modulator of some description that connects to the box to convert AV signals to down-converted satellite signals, after all, someone put together a device to do that for 405-line TV enthusiasts, so I'm sure someone with electronics knowledge could do the same for analogue satellite receivers, if I could do it, I would, but I haven't got the knowledge to do it sadly... :(

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
If someone has some schematics on doing this, I am happy to build my own..

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
2cvbloke said:
I asked a somewhat related question not too long back, the simple answer was that there's no point, but, I think that there is cos Analogue doesn't fall over when you just open and close the fridge door (small arc from the light switch in the door!!), where as digital does, cos it's rubbish, and full of rubbish too... O-Ha

My thread:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/analogue-systems/193640-thought-re-using-old-analogue-boxes.html

I think that all you need is a modulator of some description that connects to the box to convert AV signals to down-converted satellite signals, after all, someone put together a device to do that for 405-line TV enthusiasts, so I'm sure someone with electronics knowledge could do the same for analogue satellite receivers, if I could do it, I would, but I haven't got the knowledge to do it sadly... :(

Yes, but if the signal is coming from a digital source and being converted to analogue, the signal will still disappear when you open and close the fridge door.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
The simple answer is you can't do it. You cannot block-convert the digital spectrum to analogue. For a start digital has multiplexes, which means you would end up with a load of analogues trying to share the same frequency. The nearest you could get is doing it individually, i.e. a digital tuner connected up to an RF modulator, but that would only convert one channel, so for multiple channels you would need a whole bank of digital tuners connected to RF modulators.