Just Sharing This Which Channels get Activation of Packages?

A

Archive7

I thought this thread might be useful.
When you buy a subscription, there are specific channels that you must switch to, in order to get activation.
Some smartcards like for adults you just insert the card and it takes only a minute to clear the channels.
My recent subscription to DigiTurk Europe has so far been a nightmare, because I knew that I must have the receiver switched on to a certain channels but I didn't find the info anywhere until few minutes ago when the seller finally told me I must switch to channel Show TV and wait about 40 minutes.
But due to technical difficulties at the moment, this could take a longer time so I am going to leave the receiver on for few days until the channels clear.

So for DigiTurk Europe on Eutelsat 7E - switch to channel Show TV (not yet confirmed personally)
For nc+ on HotBird 13E - switch to channel TVP1 HD (after sending SMS message to the nc+ support number)

Please add any similar information for packages that that you have used.
Thanks for sharing.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I have some experience of this:

1) Polsat - TVP1 HD works well but I use The Food Network, which seems to be the recommended channel. The update can take several days but I tune it to this channel overnight on timer to ensure the card doesn't expire. I did have to contact my dealer a couple of times to send a signal when it didn't want to update...

2) Focussat - TVR1 works fine and I think pretty much any channel will work. It takes less than a minute to update or activate a new package - very painless.

3) Viasat - I've no idea what channel Viasat uses to update but I usually leave it on TV1000 but fairly sure any will work. As I have some Viasat channel usually playing in the background, I have never ran out of entitlements.