will Osn HD Channels on irdeto v 5.7 work only in the showbox receiver,oron every ci?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
have a special quesitons,maybe some member of arab reagion read this and can give me the answer,i have a osn hd smartcard since 2 mont v5.7,the latest version,before smartcards stoped,osn hd box i dont have,was not avalible at this time,2 month ago!
now the questions will the osn hd channels also work on some multicas receivers,or ci modules?
if so ,will this card married only the orginal box,or any other ci modul,after i try to activate the hd channels first time?
on lyngsat,hd channels showing only betacrypt tunnel enryption with irdeto 2!

the only problem i have,the osn hd signal is very very weak,i am short before a lock
with a large dish !
,with nearly 60% signal strenth,on my clark tech 5000 combo plus,but around a half db signal is missing to got hd transponder,this transponder is very strange,other memeber report me,the can log on on 10834 V,with around 53% signal strenth,here with smw xline i got no lock with 60% all other ab 4 transpodners normal dvb s are here and working!
i hope now that the reports on the net,will be come true,that osn will swtich all his dvb s channels in the upcoming year to dvb s2,when the activate the new nilesat,hope then signal will be a little bit stronger then now,but first i must know,is the osn showbox realy nesarsary,or is there also a way to get hd osn channels working on other receive/ci module?
iam currencly not sure about this!
what can happen,when i try to read the card in diffrent ci moduls,will it only married the hd channels,or all normal dvb s channels also then?
or will this process only happen in the osn show box?

thanks for information!

Attachments

• osnhd.jpg
    osnhd.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 195

michael01707

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2m and 1.8m, Vantage VT-X221TS CI and 8000s, Technomate V-Box II, 18" Superjack actuator
My Location
London
At some point in the near future Irdeto cards will not be able to be renewed and Irdeto will be dropped completely. The only option will be to take the OSN HD box which uses Betacrypt with the card being paired / married to the box. HD channels are only available on the OSN HD box encrypted in Betacrpyt only. At the moment there is no way to use the card in any other receiver. The pairing of the card and receiver is to prevent the loss of revenue through viewers cardsharing. It has been a big problem in the Middle East and North Africa and we have seen the recently launched Abu Dhabi Sports HD channels adopt this anti piracy method.

badarneh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
future sat
My Location
israel
My friend

You cant now watch channels, but through a osn show box

You should go to the Under-Showtime or from the place you bought the card and switch to a Showtime box

only work on show box now

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
michael01707 said:
At some point in the near future Irdeto cards will not be able to be renewed and Irdeto will be dropped completely.

Starts December 17th 2010 ;)

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
The new HD box and card are married together and the card will not work in any other box. Showtime are now advertising this on their channels saying anybody with a dreambox will lose Showtime on the 19th of December.