shavit

Reaction score
Website
www.satil.com
My Satellite Setup
Topfield , 1.2 & 1.8 meter dishes, AMOS+NILESAT+HotBird+Astra1
My Location
ISRAEL
No chance whatsoever to watch channel broadcast via the the AMOS mideast beam in the UK with any dish. Just forget it. <Sorry...>.

torusJKL

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000S. HTPC with Sky Star HD Card. Viaccess CAM for Swiss channels on Hotbird 13E.
My Location
Israel
shavit said:
Well, stupidly enough - YES and HOT ( the only cable operator in Israel) are planning to offer a basic package just to retain clients and actually HOT has just announced another price increase. I think they are about to have a big blow in their face when the digital package finally launches. They were very fierce opponents to the whole DTT idea during discussions in the Knesset committee.

I don't think that people will not subscribe anymore because of these few channels. They would not be able to talk about the new Survival season or the Big Brother happenings. :p

This might be something for seniors but not the average population.

torusJKL

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000S. HTPC with Sky Star HD Card. Viaccess CAM for Swiss channels on Hotbird 13E.
My Location
Israel
HB13DISH said:
This is the Yes Israel Package details pages.

Do I read the channel details correct.
The channels who have a satellite written on there left are FTA.
E.g.
- BBC World is FTA on HotBird 13E
- Israel 10 is FTA on Amos 4W

but
- Cartoon Network Middle East is not FTA
- Israel Plus is not FTA

Thanks for your more detailed explanations.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
torusJKL said:
Do I read the channel details correct.
The channels who have a satellite written on there left are FTA.
E.g.
- BBC World is FTA on HotBird 13E
- Israel 10 is FTA on Amos 4W

but
- Cartoon Network Middle East is not FTA
- Israel Plus is not FTA

Thanks for your more detailed explanations.

The left column is FTA/DTH ONLY if there is a comment.
No comment means it is encrypted.

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
by the way is any palestinian channels on YES package???

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
pipino said:
by the way is any palestinian channels on YES package???

There are many Arabic channels in the Yes package.
Which channels do you have in mind?

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
not any in particular just a curiosity to know if YES package is open minded package and respects all backgrounds thru their citezens

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
pipino said:
not any in particular just a curiosity to know if YES package is open minded package and respects all backgrounds thru their citezens

As these channels are FTA on Nilesat and other satellites, I can hardly see the need for anybody to subscribe (pay) to Yes in order to view them when they are free.
As I said before, there are many Arabic channels in the package.

shavit

Reaction score
Website
www.satil.com
My Satellite Setup
Topfield , 1.2 &amp; 1.8 meter dishes, AMOS+NILESAT+HotBird+Astra1
My Location
ISRAEL
No and they probably will not be there anytime soon and even if we put aside their politics, most of them are really lousy channels.

torusJKL

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Israel
pipino said:

This is hardly the place to discuss politics.
And thus asking about Palestinians and there TV, which I'm sure they can watch from there homes.

Please drop it.

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
torusJKL said:
This is hardly the place to discuss politics.
And thus asking about Palestinians and there TV, which I'm sure they can watch from there homes.

Please drop it.

:confused:confused:confused:confused:confused:confused:confused:confused:confused:confused

shavit

Reaction score
Website
www.satil.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ISRAEL
There's no politics involved in my response. Since I believe you personally have never seen one of their channels ( most of them are pirate terrestrial ones, btw) please don't rush into politics as you are not familair with the stuff.
heir channels are merely a "home made" lousy content ( and I insist lousy - including technically and not to mention other broadcasting aspects) and are full of pirated stuff, mainly movies/ series broadcast without paying royalties , many time directly taken in real time from other channels !
And I ahven't even "touched" their real political channels which are really recommended to the foreign viewer as you ahve never seen something like this ( the Hamas channel is recommended for its children's programmes - please search n Google and Youtube and "enjoy"... and then tell me what you think about it) .

torusJKL

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Israel
Shavit, please check the quote I had chosen for my last response.
I'm not talking about there program.

I'm talking about writing that YES should be open minded and "respects all backgrounds thru their citezen".
As you might know is YES an Israeli company. It's customers are Israelis. They speak Hebrew, Russian, Arabic, English, Spanish, French, German and many other languages. Most of these languages are available in the packages with either foreign channels or subtitles for local channels.

To my knowledge are the Palestinians not Israelis. That is why they call themselves Palestinians.
Saying that YES should include Palestinian channels and "respects all backgrounds thru their citezen" implies that Palestinians are citizens of Israel and thus have a birth given right to life in the land.

This is subtle and maybe unconscious but it is a political statement.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Well guys, please leave it at that.
Unfortunately the situation is not black and white for either side, and there will never be any consensus on this subject I'm afraid. But this is a sat forum, and a very a-political one. So if there are questions about Arabic language channels or any other minority or group of people, such as "are there any channels in Urdu on this sat" that is ok, and you will get a straight answer. Discussing the content and quality of the channels is ok, as long as the whole discussion does remain respectfully to all.
Any leading additions such as "respects all backgrounds thru their citezens" will inevitebly lead to heated discussions. Anyone wishing to discuss the Arab - Palestinian-Israeli conflict can google and find millions of forums where he can trade insults with like minded people from all over the world.

I repeat: This is not the place to discuss politics, and keep it friendly, ok? :)

shavit

Reaction score
Website
www.satil.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ISRAEL
Yes is a pricvate DTH provider, By law, it must carry all LOCAL channels ( IBA 1, IBA3, CH2, Ch10 , Knesset Channel among other locally produced channels). All the other channels are selected by the comapny and must be approved by the Cable & Satellite Council.
The total majority of Israeki arab population does not subscribe to YES or to HOT ( cable) and pick theri Arabic channels from Arabsat and Nilesat satellites, mostly for free. Therfore, here seems to be no reason whatsoever to offer many Arabic language channels, not to mention channels that continuasly broradcast amterial that woul have made them banned by the counil in first place.
As YES is not obliged to offer such channels, I see no reason why the respected reader thinks they ought to provide them to anyone in first place.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
If it is a private provider, then it is down to them what they broadcast. I would have thought that they would try to target the large Arab speaking population as well, after all they want money - but if there are many free channels available from other sats, and possibly cheaper as well, then it does not make sense. At the end of the day it ain't politics, it is $$$$ that matters here.

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
well sorry ,looks like i ignited an out of subject discussion ,my question was purly innocent ,and totaly based on ignorence of whats going on between both ppl ...sorry again for making some members jump...regards

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
pipino said:
well sorry ,looks like i ignited an out of subject discussion ,my question was purly innocent ,and totaly based on ignorence of whats going on between both ppl ...sorry again for making some members jump...regards

No problem :) , now everything is clear we can continue having fun with what is really important: Satellite TV :-rofl2

torusJKL

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Israel
pipino said:

No harm done. :-)
Sorry if I my style was rude for some members.

DMK

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DTV1000S
My Location
Jerusalem
I have subscription to Yes package. Would I be able to see Yes using another satellite equipment (PC cards with Videoguard support)?