1.2 Metre Max digital or 1.1 Metre triax dish

costas1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none as yet
My Location
london
I am soon moving house and need a plan to buy a decent motorised satellite dish and wanted to get be able to lock feeds and also have a signal for nilesat and/or the fringe signals and east beam. Currently living in Berkshire, SE England.

Also how much would a installer charge for the labour installation only.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Why not got for something proper, like a 1.2m Channel Master with a polar mount? Often come up on eBay for pennies.

Laser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dr HD F15, OS mio + 4K, Octagon SF8008, Octagon SX88+. TM 5402HD M3. .Channel Master 1.20 Ku and C Band. 1.1 Triax Dish
My Location
Berkshire
Check site- purplesat He will quote you.
Top job. Did a dish for me.
Would agree. Try for the Channel Master 1.2m

Last edited by a moderator:
A

archive10

CM120 is the proper kit. Does not rust or bend, and will perform as you'd wish for.
But it requires a polar mounts (hens teeth or expensive from SSS) and actuators + v-boxes.

Laminas OFC 1200 is light and will fit nicely on a standard (high-end) motor if mounted in a not too-exposed place.

Lower-priced (smaller) steel dishes such as the Triax (beware, they're smaller than you think - the 1.1m Triax is really a 98 cm dish!) are easier to come by, and will fit easier on the motor, but the weight may be the same or higher than the Laminas plastic 1.2m dish - which is indeed a 1.2 meter dish...

Also consider the Gibertini 125 - very nice dish, but also a bit heavy. Will need Gibertini or other "proper" polar mount.

SO, for price: Go for a motor with a low-cost steel dish (alu if possible) such as the maxview. Revel in whatever you can receive, and marvel at the low cost of the equipment.
For performace: Get a CM120 with a polar mount - if, impossibly, you can find one in usable condition for an installer to install - or grab a Laminas with a high-end motor.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The TD110 is not only heavy, but a pig to adjust for elevation.

It does perform well, though.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
bit of silicon grease helps on the sliding bracket - but a pain nevertheless, but very GRIPPY which is good come the winds!!!!