4 core or 6 core cable for vbox \ actuator

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
i might be delving into the actuator and vbox world - i have a question on cable.

do i need 4 core cable - or 6 core? i think 4 core.

also, ive seen separate 4 core not including coax - and ive seen cable, that includes the wires and co-ax

can i use either?

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
i might be delving into the actuator and vbox world - i have a question on cable.

also, ive seen separate 4 core not including coax - and ive seen cable, that includes the wires and co-ax

can i use either?

Four cores are needed for the actuator/v-box, two cores for the motor and two cores for the pulse sensor for an actuator with a reed sensor.

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.

can i use either?

If you might think of adding an inclined tracking jack at sometime then it might be prudent to run a 6core, or more, multicore cable terminated into a small connection box at the dish.
That will save you the hassle of another cable install at a later date perhaps. Will be a bigger cable , more expensive etc - swings and roundabouts

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
thanks i wont be doing any of that clever stuff. :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The additional strand could be used to drive a switch for multi LNBs, or perhaps power a CCTV camera.