7020 (poss clone) looking very bricked! Will not boot after flash

blueuk808

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500, 90cm dish
My Location
Manchester
Hi,

I mistakenly (in my hurry to look for a bargain) bought a cloned 7020Si. I've been playing with on and off for a few years now. Basically, the box will power on withe the Dreambox logo in the display, it then says "boot 35", then "dhcp... /flash/zimage.elf" then the lcd goes blank. In this time nothing is shown on the display.

I can connect the box using Dreamup and the null modem cable, I can flash the box, I can flash the 2nd stage bootloader and I can flash the image - always successful. But then everytime I run the box it just does the above.

I have also changed the power supply.

I'm thinking that the 1st stage boot loader must be ok if dreamup is working. The second stage is coming traight from dreamup - wondering if I need a really old version or something. Otherwise it's the image not playing with the box

has anyone got any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Think You are on the track mate

Try something very old. It should wake "her" up My 7020 is working like a "dream" really so just get it going !

blueuk808

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500, 90cm dish
My Location
Manchester
Cheers Dig Deep - Yeah you were right - I got an gemini image about version 3.1 and it came back to life! Now to find a decent image for it that has a good Sly EPG - cheers for the reply!