Advanced Blind Scan for E2 and spectrum analyser

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
I was thinking last night, why doesn't someone come up with an advanced blind scan plugin for E2.

they could take the existing one which @Huevos developed, and add more functionality to it, like being able to change the scan step MHz, splitting up the scan range of the Ku band....and maybe, just maybe, incorporate a spectrum analyser.

wouldnt that be great!

Surely this is possible with Linux \ Enigma2

thoughts.....

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
In other areas I've seen crowd-sourced bounties being offered in exchange for coding requests. For example IIRC around $600 was offered to the first person who could enable hardware graphics acceleration for homebrew applications on a handheld games console.

Expecting those with the skills, to write code for something they don't want or need just isn't going to happen for free. Then there may be limitations of hardware and drivers which make it impossible..

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I was thinking last night, why doesn't someone come up with an advanced blind scan plugin for E2.

they could take the existing one which @Huevos developed, and add more functionality to it, like being able to change the scan step MHz, splitting up the scan range of the Ku band....and maybe, just maybe, incorporate a spectrum analyser.

wouldnt that be great!

Surely this is possible with Linux \ Enigma2

thoughts.....

You can manually select the Ku frequency range and polarity in the existing blind scan plugin, I am not sure why there would be a need to split up the scan range?
It would be nice to have control over the step size though. Huevos is the man to ask, he could probably do it but I am not sure how much coding would be involved?