Advice Needed Advice needed - dscr upgrade

footylad

Reaction score
Website
zonedhost.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
3X DM800, 1X DM7020, 1.2Meter Gibi + Jaeger 1224 H-H Motor, 80CM Fixed Dish, TV Ports in every room - ZonedHost.com Administrator
My Location
U.K.
Hey Guys,

Looking for some advice on a complex install. Have a 2x dish system both running on Quattro LNBs. One dish is fixed on 28.2E and one is a motorised dish to access to other European satellites. Both dishes are sent to a TAP/Splitter (Vision V9-204) which sends feeds for both dishes to two separate Vision Multswitches (V9-916MP) to provide each feed with both satellite dish receptions. This has worked well until an upgrade is now required to the 28.2E System to allow use of a Sky Q system which requires dSRC.

A dSRC switch has been purchased (Vision EV5-D4S) which is needed to be added to the system to provide some feeds to a Sky Q box at a faceplate in the property with limited success. Part of the issue is the Sky Q box requires LNB setting changes to dSCR (SCR rather than Wideband) on the installer menu which I have worked out later.

My question is for installers out there. Do I need an additional power supply? Where would you place the dSCR switch to still allow the existing multiswitch system to function?

Many Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just take four feeds off one multiswitch into the four inputs on the dSCR and send one to the Q box.

footylad

Reaction score
Website
zonedhost.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
3X DM800, 1X DM7020, 1.2Meter Gibi + Jaeger 1224 H-H Motor, 80CM Fixed Dish, TV Ports in every room - ZonedHost.com Administrator
My Location
U.K.
Didn’t think that would work once the two feeds are combined? Managed to get it working at the mo, am i right in saying Q Box in single LNB mode SCR will work and still provide additional feeds for multi room and recording on just the one cable?

Thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No single LNB mode on Q box, but SCR mode will allow a splitter to feed another box in SCR mode, providing it doesn't use the same User Bands as the Q box.

footylad

Reaction score
Website
zonedhost.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
U.K.
I came across an article which suggested Q Box had Single LNB mode which I did find rather odd as I had not seen this myself when in the installer menu on other receivers. I have placed the dSCR switch before the multiswitch and have sent 2x feeds to the Q box and placed into SCR mode which has worked fine; signal and channels decoding.

Finding a lag with channel swapping and or occasionally a “no signal” error occasionally. Is this normal with dSCR switches due to it having to process the data in the switch or will this be less of an issue if I place the dSCR switch after the multiswitch rather than before it?

Not yet tested with further MiniQ box’s to see how it handles multiple feeds at this stage either but was able to record and decode a channel on a different channel with some minor signal interference.

Many Thanks.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Some multiswitches handle/passthrough tone controls, some don't, only way to test is to try.