Another alternative to connecting a 7020

ETXETX

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020is
My Location
north East UK
Hi

Nice board you have here and have found it very interesting and reading your topics.
I have lately set up a 7020s and all is well, have a scart connection going into TV nearby however I want to connect the 7020s to another telly which is my main telly and is about 15-20 mtrs away. I have tried the antenna out connection and I am getting a grainy picture and distorted sound. I have done this via the loft so had to dig a hole in each of the two rooms on the ceiling. I am very puzzled as to why this has happened, thought the antenna out would have worked. Is there any other alternative connection apart from the phono out ( which means making a 3 way phono myself as distance is long)?
Any suggestions lads ?
Thanks.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Make sure the rf video / audio is set to PAL-I and the remote tv is tuned in correctly If its set to NTSC or similar it will look horrible.

ETXETX

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020is
My Location
north East UK
Settings all seem ok, very weird as have connected the coax with same 20 metre length to a tv next to 7020 and it works well.
Its only when I connect the coax to the other tv in the other room that the problem occurs. Have also connected to the Video recorder , dvd recorder aerial in connection that are connected to the culprit tv and when its tuned I get the same problem. Have to say I am lost. I think I am going to go the phono way and see what happens.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Is it the same length of cable or a length of cable the same length? If it the latter take the second tv through to the original location and connect it up.

If the same fault shows on both sets then its a cabling problem. If the second tv is ok but the first is playing up then its a tv problem.

ETXETX

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020is
My Location
north East UK
Have sorted the problem but I am still at a loss. Connected the dreambox to a video recorder close by via scart, coax cable out from video to culprit TV and all is well.
As I said earlier I had connected the dreambox from aerial out to another telly and it worked well so its not the out connection of the dreambox that is faulty.
Still its sorted so thats all that matters. Thanks for your advice Analoguesat.