Any one running dump 1090 willing to try an experiment?

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
Sorted.I noticed that even though my rtl dongle was in connected status,and I was broadcasting data I was not getting any aircraft.Disconnecting the dongle ,no change still showing connected status and broadcasting data.Most odd.I had been messing with the pi recently.It looked like I had installed one of my spare sd cards.I have three cloned cards.Something had gone wrong with the cloning then.Luckily I had one sd card working properly.I re cloned the three Duds,using Etcher.I have tested them in the pi,all ok.The reason that I have these spare sd cards is that it took me the best part of a month to do the first one copying code from three different coders.I do not think that I have the brains left to do it again.:)

Last edited:

Gerry55

Reaction score
Hi pontiend
Its good to see that you have fixed the problem, and all the members are feeding the group.

Gerry

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Sorted.I noticed that even though my rtl dongle was in connected status,and I was broadcasting data I was not getting any aircraft.Disconnecting the dongle ,no change still showing connected status and broadcasting data.Most odd.I had been messing with the pi recently.It looked like I had installed one of my spare sd cards.I have three cloned cards.Something had gone wrong with the cloning then.Luckily I had one sd card working properly.I re cloned the three Duds,using Etcher.I have tested them in the pi,all ok.The reason that I have these spare sd cards is that it took me the best part of a month to do the first one copying code from three different coders.I do not think that I have the brains left to do it again.:)
Good to have a spare - which I don't have at present, having unwisely repurposed mine for another project.
Time methinks to copy one for that time before the brain starts its inevitable decline (if it hasn't already started) :(