Any one running dump 1090 willing to try an experiment?

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
Sorted.I noticed that even though my rtl dongle was in connected status,and I was broadcasting data I was not getting any aircraft.Disconnecting the dongle ,no change still showing connected status and broadcasting data.Most odd.I had been messing with the pi recently.It looked like I had installed one of my spare sd cards.I have three cloned cards.Something had gone wrong with the cloning then.Luckily I had one sd card working properly.I re cloned the three Duds,using Etcher.I have tested them in the pi,all ok.The reason that I have these spare sd cards is that it took me the best part of a month to do the first one copying code from three different coders.I do not think that I have the brains left to do it again.:)

Last edited:

Gerry55

Reaction score
Hi pontiend
Its good to see that you have fixed the problem, and all the members are feeding the group.

Gerry

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Sorted.I noticed that even though my rtl dongle was in connected status,and I was broadcasting data I was not getting any aircraft.Disconnecting the dongle ,no change still showing connected status and broadcasting data.Most odd.I had been messing with the pi recently.It looked like I had installed one of my spare sd cards.I have three cloned cards.Something had gone wrong with the cloning then.Luckily I had one sd card working properly.I re cloned the three Duds,using Etcher.I have tested them in the pi,all ok.The reason that I have these spare sd cards is that it took me the best part of a month to do the first one copying code from three different coders.I do not think that I have the brains left to do it again.:)
Good to have a spare - which I don't have at present, having unwisely repurposed mine for another project.
Time methinks to copy one for that time before the brain starts its inevitable decline (if it hasn't already started) :(

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
Recently I have been transferring three programs over from my old Zbox onto a new mini PC.To give the RTL dongle something to look at during setup I connected it to the WXTOIMG Quadrifilla antena.Surisingly I got more aircraft from that than the proper antenna.The first image is the Zbox Both screenshot were taken at the same time

Attachments

• zbox.jpg
    zbox.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 16
  • beelink.jpg
    beelink.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
I don't do weather satellites, so don't know the dimensions of the antenna - maybe its location, or element size compared to the original quarter wave dipole has some significance.

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
The Quadrifillar antenna is a couple of meters farther north than the VRS one ..I was surprised to get anything from it.
p1040034.jpg

Gerry55

Reaction score
Hi to all feeders

I have been off line with my aircraft feeding for some time, is the group still sharing?
As I’m having problem repairing my setup it’s an age thing!
I’m still tracking but sharing is hard for me to fix.

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
I still use VRS for watch the aircraft Kelso has been in reconnecting state for awhile.I have lost Cycle City recently too..Three connected in rebroadcast server nothing being sent though.I too have been checking settings in case the problem is at my end.my noip address is OK.
Edit on the W11 image that I am now using Carlise in not on VRS.I will find the details and reinsert you

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I still use VRS for watch the aircraft Kelso has been in reconnecting state for awhile.I have lost Cycle City recently too..Three connected in rebroadcast server nothing being sent though.I too have been checking settings in case the problem is at my end.my noip address is OK.
Edit on the W11 image that I am now using Carlise in not on VRS.I will find the details and reinsert you
My feed (Cycle City) went down recently, some problem with noip - I seem to have failed to re-subscribe.

Checking incoming feeds shows no connections. I have three host names, maybe I had the port wrong. I've PM'd with the current feed details.

Gerry55

Reaction score
Hi pontiend

Looking at VRS I see 4 aircraft of yours, but they are mixed up with mine so I’m unable to actually see them!
Can you see my aircraft?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I only have pontiend's and mine here at Cycle City, nothing from yours Gerry55.

VRS.JPG

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location

Gerry55

Reaction score
Hi again Pontiend
Try holmrook99.ddns.net:46500

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Out of the blue I’m connected to Cycle City again, but that’s the only connection I have.
I had to remove my colinear antenna from the mast recently as it had slipped down, interfering with my FM aerial. The colinear had started losing its aircraft reach since my neighbour built their loft conversion - there's now one on each side of my property. I can't do any ladder work now to reinstall it higher.
As an experiment, I've repurposed an old VHF radial, severely cut down for 1090 working, and placed it on a pole down the garden, running a new cable to the house.
The results are impressive enough for me to replace the colinear, seeming to give me a better view of the area overall compared to with the old antenna.

1090 radial.JPG

VRS reach.JPG