Apple Teaming Up With Sharp To Create iTV

Rachel_Sandford

News Hound
Reaction score
Apple Inc. has made substantial impacts on each market it got involved with, which is why competitors have learned to fear the name of this technological giant over the years. With production facilities currently being constructed for the creation of the “iTV”, TV manufacturers everywhere will soon learn to dread the Apple Logo as well.

"They hope to avoid the fate of other industries and manufacturers who were caught flat footed by Apple. Having said that, it appears that mainstream TV manufacturers are likely to be at least six to 12 months behind in a best-case scenario," said Jeffries & Co. analyst, Peter Misek.

According to Misek, the technology company is expected to team up with Sharp for the iTV’s TFT- LCD panels. With Apple’s newest electronic merchandise set for production at Sharp’s Gen 10 Sakai Facility in Osaka, the iTV is expected to be launched mid-2012.

Apple’s latest entertainment device is predicted to combine a visually attractive plus user-friendly interface with outstanding electronic hardware, just as it has done with its other line-up of products, such as the iPod and iPhone. Since the exact features of the iTV still remain unknown, future rival TV manufactures are rumored to be getting desperate for finding out what functions the television set will be capable of.

Aside from the iTV project, Apple and Sharp have made other arrangements for the next wave of cell phones and tablets. Apple has plans on utilizing Sharp’s indium-gallium-zinc (IGZO) LCD panels for the next-generation of iPhones and iPads.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
This iTV has been floated before - or atleast the name has. When I last heard of it I wondered then what ITV would make of it being marketed in the UK. I can't see them being overly happy at the prospect and fully expect it to end up the courts.

If the roles were reversed you can be sure that Apple would sue the arse off any company that dared to have a name similar to one of their brands.