Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
OK whats this section all about? Well if you are wanting to watch programmes off any particular satellite you need a dish of an appropriate size for the downlink power at your location. All the operators publish official footprints of the expected dish sizes and coverage areas for their satellites.

Please note - these images are guidelines ONLY - you often find that reception is possible much further away than the official coverage areas indicate but with big dishes being needed. The classic one about which much is known is Astra 2D, which officially is a bullseye onto the UK. However its also possible with big dishes in southern Spain, northern Italy,and as far east as Jordan - although you need a 7m diameter dish in Jordan!

With a bit of luck as we add to this section over the weeks and months it will become a useful reference for hobbyists. I'll add in some of the historic footprints from non operational birds too in time.

For the time being I will be concentrating on the satellites operating in the skies above Europe

All images are copyright the operating company for the satellites

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Im using a simple key for the footprint threads.

:) active satellite
:( satellite moved - no longer at this location - maps for historic interest only
:mad: satellite destroyed at launch
:-ohmy now in junk orbit - maps for historic interest only.
:cool: satellite not yet in position - normally a new satellite but can be one being moved to a new location

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Heres a nice website with loads of coverage info:

_http://www.satbeams.com/footprints

Select a satellite, click on the map to set your location and the site will tell you the downlink power at your location and roughly what size dish you need :)

Status
Not open for further replies.