Astra 28.2e 2E Beam in Northern Spain

scsssd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox + HH120 Stab Usals + 110cm
My Location
Cantabria (Northern Spain)
Hello!

I have recently moved to northern Spain (Santander city, 100km west from Bilbao) and I'm planning to install a dish to receive the 2E UK beam with BBC, ITV, etc... Problem is, I have some restrictions with the dish size since it would be mounted on the building's facade. Has anybody here any experiencie trying to receive HD BBC in northern Spain? I read many reports of people down in Almeria, Malaga, Alicante, but none of them from Vasque Country or Cantabria.

Thanks!

mikeisyou

Feed Hunter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Octagon SX88+, Static 1.2m Raven Dish (22w to 33e), Motorized Dish (9e to 52e)
My Location
England
If you have restrictions on what the dish size you may have to look at Intelsat 901 27.5w or Purchasing Kabelio situated at Hotbird 13e

mikeisyou

Feed Hunter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
100cm should be sufficient for Astra 2, what are the size restrictions you have

scsssd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox + HH120 Stab Usals + 110cm
My Location
Cantabria (Northern Spain)
Well, there's not a clear restricction... just the fact that mounting the dish in the principal facade of the building will draw the attention of many neighbors, so the smaller, the better. What size? that's the question... 85cm would be fine, 1m will probably be too much... Intelsat 901 I guess they are coded, by easily opened using keys, right?

mikeisyou

Feed Hunter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
Well, there's not a clear restricction... just the fact that mounting the dish in the principal facade of the building will draw the attention of many neighbors, so the smaller, the better. What size? that's the question... 85cm would be fine, 1m will probably be too much... Intelsat 901 I guess they are coded, by easily opened using keys, right?

I don't think 85cm will be enough for the UK beam on Astra 2. Yes the Intelsat 901 channels are coded but can easily be opened if you buy the right box with the right software.