Astra 2E: Western Europe Reports

rodscha

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
carcassonne south france,700ks south of Paris ,300k N of Barcelona
as long as bbc is also on SD ,i have some reception all the time,so I m happy with that!
1m20in carcassonne seems enough by all means doesn t it?

Harvey2nd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Receiver: GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K
LNB: Dur-Line Wideband
Dish: Televes 120cm offset pointed to Astra1 and Astra2
My Location
47.7N, 10.3E, Kempten, S. Germany
A minor update:

Signal is still weak on ITV HD but managed to get rid of the pixel noise which also disturbed my reception on Astra1.

Being new to Unicable, turned out my satellite connection socket was wrong. Being an end socket it needs 8db attenuation (I learned) but I only had a standard socket with 1dB attenuation. After changing it plus adding another 20db attenuation I got rid of the noise and now have no problems receiving BBC HD 24/7. ITV HD is occasionally ok in the evening, but clearly I need a bigger dish.

the frenchman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Thomson HD
My Location
Spain
I'm getting the odd situation that for example I get Quest HD on 144 Sky in the morning but it has gone by late afternoon,but can't get Quest+1 in the morning but can once Quest HD has disappeared. Happens with a few other channels.102 BBC HD mornings only etc.

Nalleman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,8 Channel Master, Black Pro LNB with CM feedhorn and VU+ DUO 2 and Vantage 8000 TS receivers. Fixed dishes at: 28,2/28,5 E (1,8 m), 19,2 E (1,5 m), 13 E (1,1 m), 5 E (1,2 m) and 1 W (0,7 m).
My Location
Sweden
I'm getting the odd situation that for example I get Quest HD on 144 Sky in the morning but it has gone by late afternoon,but can't get Quest+1 in the morning but can once Quest HD has disappeared. Happens with a few other channels.102 BBC HD mornings only etc.
Quest HD and BBC HD are on 2E whilst Quest +1 is on 2F. Fringe reception = there is a difference in signal strength between these birds during the day.