Best HH motors for dishes up to 1,2mt

Paolo71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 100cm, STAB HH120, Inverto BU 0.2dB, Laminas 120, Moteck SG2100A, Inverto Premium 0.2dB.
TBS 5925, Edision OsMio 4K plus, AZbox Premium HD+, pc AMD FX8350 ram 32Gb. IQMonitor Pro, EBS Pro, Crazyscan, DvbDream, VLC and PotPlayer.
My Location
Monterotondo (Rome), Italy
Hi all,
I'm looking for a new HH motor (I already have a STAB HH120 for my 1mt dish) as I would like to build another motorized equipment. For logistic problems on my balcony I could use up to a 1,2mt dish, if my neighbours don't bother me so much. Maybe I'm going to purchase a Laminas 110 or 120. Anyway I prefer to use at the moment an HH motor like STAB, but this company since 2019 stopped producing their HH motors !! So I' m looking for a shop in Italy or abroad who can sell me another HH120 or something like that.
Can anyone suggest me another strong and long life motor like the STAB ? For sure with metal gears, so more reliable for the use and the wind. There are some models like PremiumX or SG2100 or something else, but I accept help from those who can suggest me something very good !

Thank you so much in advance

Paolo

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Apart from one rotor design , their production stopped over a decade ago

STAB srl. are/were one of the few motor manufacturers where the dish is bolted above the gearbox. Are you sure you have enough ground clearance with the - elephant's dongle - style as a direct replacement ?

Paolo71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 100cm, STAB HH120, Inverto BU 0.2dB, Laminas 120, Moteck SG2100A, Inverto Premium 0.2dB.
TBS 5925, Edision OsMio 4K plus, AZbox Premium HD+, pc AMD FX8350 ram 32Gb. IQMonitor Pro, EBS Pro, Crazyscan, DvbDream, VLC and PotPlayer.
My Location
Apart from one rotor design , their production stopped over a decade ago

STAB srl. are/were one of the few motor manufacturers where the dish is bolted above the gearbox. Are you sure you have enough ground clearance with the - elephant's dongle - style as a direct replacement ?
Hi, yes they were. Now I don't know which is the best replacement for a new system (I still have the Stab HH120 with the first equipment, still perfect after about 12 years). From my balcony I can reach for sure 80°East or a bit more (tested with a dish manually), while on the other side I could reach about 45°W or more. I need to know who has different HH motors just to understand which is the best one (obviously I'm going to buy a full metal gear motor, not chinese plastics).

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi, yes they were. Now I don't know which is the best replacement for a new system (I still have the Stab HH120 with the first equipment, still perfect after about 12 years). From my balcony I can reach for sure 80°East or a bit more (tested with a dish manually), while on the other side I could reach about 45°W or more. I need to know who has different HH motors just to understand which is the best one (obviously I'm going to buy a full metal gear motor, not chinese plastics).
Chinese or Taiwanese ? Regardless you will be getting a metal geared model from somewhere East.

I keep a number of Moteck clones ('Dark' motor) back for the rainy days, tested and ready to go.

Paolo71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Chinese or Taiwanese ? Regardless you will be getting a metal geared model from somewhere East.

I keep a number of Moteck clones ('Dark' motor) back for the rainy days, tested and ready to go.
Are you suggesting me any good motor ? My reference is the STAB, but in this moment I don't know any other good model and reliable for ever.

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
Stab HH120 & Dark Motor all metal gears are the best 2 DiSEqC motors for 125cm dish like the Gibertini with the main Dish in aliminum the bracket is steel.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Are you suggesting me any good motor ? My reference is the STAB, but in this moment I don't know any other good model and reliable for ever.
Moteck, though I wonder why do you believe metal gears are better.

Is your location near the sea, in the clouds or underwater ?

Paolo71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Moteck, though I wonder why do you believe metal gears are better.

Is your location near the sea, in the clouds or underwater ?
Metal gears are stronger. My house is in a quite windy position. PLastics under the sun and hot temperature are weak.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Metal gears are stronger. My house is in a quite windy position. PLastics under the sun and hot temperature are weak.
OK, nylon is not for you.