Advice Needed best lnb for cm feedhorn on cm 1.8m offset

butchyboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.8m motorised on c band,ku band,1.2 metre prime focus irte dish, 1.85cm offset mabo dish,vu+duo & 42 HD lcd tv
My Location
ireland
hi guys just wondering whats the best flange lnb to put on channel master feedhorn on the channel master 1.8m offset dish?.
i always taught there was a inverto black ultra flange lnb,but it seems i am very wrong on that.
would inverto black pro twin output flange lnb be the way to go or is there a better one to be paired to the cm feedhorn?.

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
hi guys just wondering whats the best flange lnb to put on channel master feedhorn on the channel master 1.8m offset dish?.
i always taught there was a inverto black ultra flange lnb,but it seems i am very wrong on that.
would inverto black pro twin output flange lnb be the way to go or is there a better one to be paired to the cm feedhorn?.
Hi ..
I,v used the Inverto black pro twin flange lnb on my 1.8 Channel master in the past with good results .. as was the Inverto white twin that i used prior to that ... i found them to be pretty much equal overall.

I also tried a Invacom quad flange l.n.b which had good reports around the same time - but found it did not suit my 1.8 offset and was outperformed by the Inverto,s .... But it does suit the Channel Master 2.4 metre offset - dual reflector that i now use - The Inverto.s were "not" as good as the Invacom Quad on this dish.

I eventually did away with the c.m. Feedhorn on the 1.8 and fitted a regular Inverto black ultra twin l.n.b.f which i found had a slight edge over the Feedhorn + flange setup for some - very weak transponders.

Regards.

butchyboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.8m motorised on c band,ku band,1.2 metre prime focus irte dish, 1.85cm offset mabo dish,vu+duo & 42 HD lcd tv
My Location
ireland
Hi ..
I,v used the Inverto black pro twin flange lnb on my 1.8 Channel master in the past with good results .. as was the Inverto white twin that i used prior to that ... i found them to be pretty much equal overall.

I also tried a Invacom quad flange l.n.b which had good reports around the same time - but found it did not suit my 1.8 offset and was outperformed by the Inverto,s .... But it does suit the Channel Master 2.4 metre offset - dual reflector that i now use - The Inverto.s were "not" as good as the Invacom Quad on this dish.

I eventually did away with the c.m. Feedhorn on the 1.8 and fitted a regular Inverto black ultra twin l.n.b.f which i found had a slight edge over the Feedhorn + flange setup for some - very weak transponders.

Regards.
so why all the commotion from some companys and sellers to have the matched cm feedhorn with the cm 1.8m dish?,is it all a gimmick and a money spinner for companys etc ???

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
so why all the commotion from some companys and sellers to have the matched cm feedhorn with the cm 1.8m dish?,is it all a gimmick and a money spinner for companys etc ???
In some instances underilluminating a reflector will improve reception by reducing signal, background noise or both into the front end of a receiver.

Hubble was out of focus until a third party set of optics was installed, but with most dish designs stick with the manufacturer's feed for best performance.

italy2006

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
starsat
My Location
iran
foe 1.8 cm prime focus dish like eurostar model which lnb is best? i heard that using inverto lnb doesnt give acceptable signal

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
Hi
The gains i got using a Black ultra twin were only very marginal on some very weak transponders - other l.n.b.f,s that i tried didn,t outperform the c.m. feed setup

Overall - across all frequencies the Inverto flange l.n.b,s were very good on my 1.8 c.m offset dish .. and i used them for many years .. ..
i would recommend removal of the thin plastic film over the throat of the l.n.b - that it comes with though .... as some folks, myself included, have had condensation affecting the signal issues with it ... as the c.m. offset feed has a sealed cover anyway , i don,t see that its needed ...

Last edited:

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
foe 1.8 cm prime focus dish like eurostar model which lnb is best? i heard that using inverto lnb doesnt give acceptable signal
With a prime focus reflector it is easy to calculate the f/d ratio then so the optimum design for a given frequency.