Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ive had this email from TV Corner in France regarding BIS cards:

Bonjour,

Attention nouvelle règle anti-fraude Viaccess en cas d'utilisation de la carte Bis TV. Il est désormais formellement interdit de mettre cette carte dans un récepteur de type :

Cristor, Atlas, Vu+, G-share (Magnum, Starsat, Geant, Echosonic) ...

au risque de voir cette carte détruite définitivement !

Il est impératif d'utiliser un récepteur avec licence Viaccess secure officielle.
Nous vous conseillons le produit disponible via ce lien Strong SRT7405 sans carte pour lequel nous vous offrons en tant qu'abonné Bis TV une remise immédiate de 20€ grâce au code BISVIP à saisir lors de l'enregistrement de votre commande.

Bien à vous,
Cordialement,

TVCorner

---------------------------------------

Hello,

Beware : new Viaccess anti-piracy rule when using a Bis TV card. It is now strictly forbidden to put this card into a receiver like:

Cristor, Atlas, Vu +, G-share (Magnum, Starsat, Geant, Echosonic) ...

Not respecting this rule will involve a permanent invalidation of the card !

It is now mandatory to use an officially Viaccess secure licenced receiver.
We recommand you the Strong SRT7405 without card available via this link and for which we offer to any BIS TV subscriber an immediate 20€ discount thanks to the BISVIP code to insert when registering your order.

Best Regards,

TVCorner

Ive clarified with them that use of the official Viaccess cam in the receive of your choice is still permitted.

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
Ive clarified with them that use of the official Viaccess cam in the receive of your choice is still permitted.
Which is what I use in a Solo2. It's unfortunate it loses connection from time to time and I have to physically pull the CAM and card out of the machine and reinsert it to get it to work again. Latest (or nearly latest) OpenVix.

A

Archive7

Is this based on an official BIS announcement or it is TV Corner way to promote the sale of the Strong receiver?
In this case they could lose a lot of potential subscribers.
I couldn't use a dedicated receiver for any subscription cards after using an E2 receiver. It's like going back ten years back in time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Where does the link take you ?

I met with a client a month ago with issues upgrading to an HD receiver. The new 7405 box (with card) brought back from France would cycle continously with an channel update list on the screen, and not give access to anything until a USB stick and firmware from the Strong site was thrown onto it.

Even now it only receives appromately half of what it should catch in the bouquet.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Is this based on an official BIS announcement or it is TV Corner way to promote the sale of the Strong receiver?
In this case they could lose a lot of potential subscribers.
I couldn't use a dedicated receiver for any subscription cards after using an E2 receiver. It's like going back ten years back in time.

Dont know - Ive pasted the exact message Ive got from them, so interpret it as you see fit. But also note you can still use the official Viaccess Secure cam so can still use your favoured receiver.

Markjose

Young one with a hobby
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 110 ..... No fixed location
My Location
Monmouth
Would be interested to know how they would find out whom was using the cards in an un-official box.