Blind scan on Technomate 5402 M4 freezes

wium78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fixed,polar mount and C band dish.
My Location
south africa
How can I solve my problem of the blind scan freezes?

Mooncamm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 metre Gibertini dish, Octagon SX88 Receiver
My Location
Lincolnshire
I had that problem. I bought a Viark 4K and never looked back as the Tecky was buggy from the start. :)

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
What version of firmware are you using. What satellite are you tuning to when your receiver freezes up.

Backup your settings and channel lists, do a factory reset and install the latest official firmware from Technomate. You can then restore your backup. You can grab it from here Technomate Support - TM-5402 M4

wium78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
south africa
Thank you Satspot,appreciated.

wium78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
south africa
Satspot,being 86 I need your assistance.I downloaded the file onto an USB.Once I insert the USB into the receiver kindly direct me to the process to follow to update my software.
The receiver freezes when using the satellite 68.5 West (fixed) via a diseqc switch ,using a polarmount.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Just make sure the file you downloaded is called.

TM-5402 M4_280122.bin

Insert the USB stick into the USB port on the rear of the receiver.

Press Menu first.
Move down to USB/External Device and press OK
Move across to Disk Manager and press OK
Move across to Software and press OK
You should now see the name of the .bin file you downloaded on your USB. In this case it’s

TM-5402 M4_280122.bin

Select that file and press OK. You’ll now be asked “Do you want to update software/database”. Select Yes and press Ok.

The receiver will now go through the upgrade process and as soon as it finishes the upgrade will be complete. Don’t power off the receiver during this process

wium78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
south africa
Satspot I did the download but did not solve the blindscan problem on my fixed dish.The receiver freezes when using the satellite 68.5 West (fixed) via a diseqc switch ,using a polarmount.I have no problem when doing a blindscan on my two other moving dishes.(also via a diseqc switch.)
I am not sure what is causing the problem when blind scanning the fixed dish.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Satspot I did the download but did not solve the blindscan problem on my fixed dish.The receiver freezes when using the satellite 68.5 West (fixed) via a diseqc switch ,using a polarmount.I have no problem when doing a blindscan on my two other moving dishes.(also via a diseqc switch.)
I am not sure what is causing the problem when blind scanning the fixed dish.
Is this freeze only happening on 68.5w. Are you using the M4 with your other dishes when testing too.

wium78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
south africa
Is this freeze only happening on 68.5w. Are you using the M4 with your other dishes when testing too.
This freeze happens on both my dishes with separate diseqc switches to which the fixed dish on 68.5east is connected.
Dish1 lnb 1 and 3
Dish 2 lnb 2
Both my dishes are polar mount. I dont have a freeze problem when doing a blind scan on other satellites.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
This freeze happens on both my dishes with separate diseqc switches to which the fixed dish on 68.5east is connected.
Dish1 lnb 1 and 3
Dish 2 lnb 2
Both my dishes are polar mount. I dont have a freeze problem when doing a blind scan on other satellites.
Unfortunately I can’t steer my dish to 68.5e to help you with the test. Where in the world are you located. Are you using C band or KU band or both. Make sure the LNB is correctly configured to match whatever band you are using.

What I do suggest you do is delete that satellite from your receiver and then manually add it back. There may be something in the preconfigured satellite database settings for that satellite that’s causing the problem.

Before you delete anything do a backup of your channel and configuration settings.

wium78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
south africa
Thanks Satspot.I am in Hermanus about 100KM from Cape Town in South Africa.I use KU band throughout.
I will follow your suggestion in due course.

wium78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
south africa
Satspot I have resolved my problem by doing another download.I think the USB memory stick I used was faulty.Your assistance and advice is appreciated.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Satspot I have resolved my problem by doing another download.I think the USB memory stick I used was faulty.Your assistance and advice is appreciated.
Glad to hear that. A factory reset and a fresh reflashing of the firmware usually resolves the majority of issues on the M4.