PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
How do you know I'm an already published author?

Nah, just joshing. Of course I'm not. But you're right abut the title. Maybe the muse will visit overnight?

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
This has to be a first for me ..
Taking pictures of a loaf ..
lol
but as requested ..
DSCF0014.JPG

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Excellent!

Not too dissimilar from my own two recently posted examples.

Nice one, Nelson.

(When I say Posted, I meant the piccies, not the Bread. I'm not in the business of feeding delivery personnel)

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Guys can you make cakes, maderia, fruit loaf ect in bread machines? Many thanks in advance.

Sent from my thl_T7 using Tapatalk

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Guys can you make cakes, maderia, fruit loaf ect in bread machines? Many thanks in advance.

Jesus made bread and wine using two ingredients, but things have progressed in 2000 years or so. I welcome the idea a bread making machine can be used to ferment something worth imbibing in an hour or two with the right catalyst.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
....... Allegedly

battenfan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m pf
My Location
60N 18E
Today I reheated a danish on the lid of a tin can, on top of a toaster and a small bowl placed upside-down on top of it.
Mini oven.

A

Archive7

Bread machines have a dough making option and also cake option. You can add fruit in the second dough stage for exanple.
You can use the dough option and then bake in a standard oven. I think the result would be better this way than to rely solely on the bread machine.
If you already have the facilities to make cakes, it might be pointless to invest in a bread machine, as these things take up valuable space in the kitchen.
Most bread machines makers give recipes.
Please check the attached file for recipes, not necessarily only for this machine model.

Attachments

• Cuisinart Recipe Booklet cbk-100_recipe.pdf
    312.1 KB · Views: 1

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Please check the attached file for recipes, not necessarily only for this machine model.
Unfortunately this gives recipes using the American "cup" measuring system. Most British (and possibly European) people are more familiar with weighing the ingredients.

A

Archive7

Unfortunately this gives recipes using the American "cup" measuring system. Most British (and possibly European) people are more familiar with weighing the ingredients.
Thanks for pointing this out.
I found a recipe book from same manufacturer, from the UK distributor or maker?

Attachments

• Cuisinart CBK250U_RECIPE_BOOK.zip
    851.5 KB · Views: 1
A

Archive4

Does that work for " cup cakes " ?

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham

Just randomly browsing in a bored fashion, but, I was once given the advice that if you use an actual cup (aka drinking vessel such as a teacup or a coffee mug), then the cups measures in US recipes should work out fine as long as you use that specific size cup through the entire process... :)

That or buy some US measuring cups off ebay, they're pretty cheap.... :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK

The standard measuring units over here being a cup, half a cup, half an egg, tablespoon, teaspoon and 'pinch'.

The 'knob' could be from either side of the pond.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
So, any Bread-making news?

Still producing an average of 3*400g loaves a week with my trusty Panasonic - generally one plain white, one white with seed and grain, and a brownish jobbie.

Fitted a new blade to mine as it got far too loose on the drive shaft (Although they are supposed to have a bit of play in them) but as it wasn't an OEM blade but a cheapie from eBay, I had a slight issue: The end of the blade scraped ever so lightly along the bottom of the pan and looked as if with repeated use it could damage the non-stick coating.

I found the ideal shim was one of those triangular split connectors that fasten the basin chain to the plug. Fitted nice and tight over the shaft so it wouldn't shake loose, but not so tight I couldn't prise it off easily to clean. And it raised the blade just enough to solve the problem.

image.jpg

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
So, any Bread-making news?

Still producing an average of 3*400g loaves a week with my trusty Panasonic - generally one plain white, one white with seed and grain, and a brownish jobbie.

Fitted a new blade to mine as it got far too loose on the drive shaft (Although they are supposed to have a bit of play in them) but as it wasn't an OEM blade but a cheapie from eBay, I had a slight issue: The end of the blade scraped ever so lightly along the bottom of the pan and looked as if with repeated use it could damage the non-stick coating.

I found the ideal shim was one of those triangular split connectors that fasten the basin chain to the plug. Fitted nice and tight over the shaft so it wouldn't shake loose, but not so tight I couldn't prise it off easily to clean. And it raised the blade just enough to solve the problem.

View attachment 102797

....... I'll resist the tight over the shaft jokes but was wondering this ---- when you lift the mix container out has your Panny got any corrosion holes around the rear end lol, ours has . It's about 4 years old now but still going strong with loaf output at three a week.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I'll resist the corrosion holes over the rear end jokes and confirm my machine is pristine :)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I have reluctantly passed bread making duties over to my wife as I don't seem to be able knead the dough properly - probably the arthritis in my hands getting worse.

It's been a few weeks since our last home-made loaf (before Christmas in fact) but she has promised to make loaf today. :D