Browser does't work on Gigablue

twingang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion box.
Dell Dimension desktop.
My Location
Essex coast
Hi, I have a quad plus and I am using OpenVix. Unfortunately I have never been able to access the web browser. I click on blue button & select OpenOpera hbbtv, then click menu button, the service bar then appears at the top of screen. I select icon which has three choices :. (1) enter URL (2) edit bookmark (3) set startpage. I click on (3) set startpage, but browser never appears even though on the mini screen (on front panel of box) indicates "web browser active". I would appreciate it if a fellow member could advise please.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Are you able to confirm you have a working internet connection?
Can you ping your stb from a laptop or similar?

twingang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion box.
Dell Dimension desktop.
My Location
Essex coast

twingang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion box.
Dell Dimension desktop.
My Location
Essex coast
Thanks for your reply Topper. Yes I am connected to the internet, I am able to do software updates etc and view YouTube but alas the browser never appears.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Ok well unfortunately I have absolutely no experience of that stb, I just wanted to clarify for other members who may have some experience with the Gigablue. As is shows it being open on the front panel, are you sure it is not opening but minimised as I recently had my laptop playing such a similar trick?

A

Archive7

I am also not familiar with Gigablue, but perhaps you can try reinstalling it again just in case some files are corrupted.
And please restart GUI and see what happens.
For a better browsing navigation experience, I would recommend using a wireless mouse and mini keyboard, if you haven't done this already.

twingang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion box.
Dell Dimension desktop.
My Location
Essex coast
Hi Topper, there is something else I'd like to add. Re the the 8 symbols that appear at the top of my screen when I have selected OpenOpera HBBTV . If I click on the 5th symbol and select 'enter url' it gives me the choice of entering a URL (using the virtual keyboard), if I do this nothing happens and I have to exit from this. There is also an 'edit bookmark' choice, if I click on this, a list of bookmarks appear from Google down to Wikipedia. But alas there is still no browser. Regards

twingang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion box.
Dell Dimension desktop.
My Location
Essex coast
I am also not familiar with Gigablue, but perhaps you can try reinstalling it again just in case some files are corrupted.
And please restart GUI and see what happens.
For a better browsing navigation experience, I would recommend using a wireless mouse and mini keyboard, if you haven't done this already.
Thanks for your reply Sleepy Hollow. I am unable to reinstall OpenVix because I would lose my "favourites" list. Regards

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Thanks for your reply Sleepy Hollow. I am unable to reinstall OpenVix because I would lose my "favourites" list. Regards
The posters handle is HB13DISH the section of the forum (which is not public) is called sleepy hollow

twingang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion box.
Dell Dimension desktop.
My Location
Essex coast
You can back up your favorite list using dreamboxEdit.
Hi, I have tried many, many times to do this but alas, it doesn't work with my box. Thanks again for your interest.

A

Archive7

Hi, I have tried many, many times to do this but alas, it doesn't work with my box. Thanks again for your interest.
Do you use OpenWebIF?
It has a BouquetEditor with Export and Import buttons.
The Export button creates a *.tar file which you can save to your PC or Laptop.
Then use the Import button to get your favorite list after reinstall.

twingang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion box.
Dell Dimension desktop.
My Location
Essex coast
Hi, thank you for your advice, I will try this. Regards