My questions are these. 1) I've seen these CAMS for sale @
http://www.satonline.co.uk/CARDMANIA/cams.htm and am
interested in the Irdeto 1.05 CI CAM,which they say is flash
upradeable, however, having spent the last week doing
extensive research, on this and other forums, I've only
succeeded in confusing myself. I've read many posts and they
all seem to say different things ! What I need to know is
whether this CAM is upgradeable to a)Alphacrypt b)Allcam or
c)Freecam, (I've been told that it will do all of them !!!)

2)If it can only be upgraded to Alphacrypt, where can I get
the files to do it ? (I've already found Freecam 2.017) And
if, Allcam, where do these files lurk ?)

Sorry to be so forward, but I've read many posts on here and
you seem to be one of the few to talk any sense !!
Kind regards
Steve

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi,
I have looked at the cam and it looks like Eurocam 1.05 those that be flashed to Alpha Crypt, I don't think you can flashed it to freecam , the flash probably refer to flashing it to Alphacrypt which would allow you to receive Irdeto and Betacrypt, I bought those that can be flashed to freecam and it cost me £150 about 4months ago and this one cost £119 which seems highly unlikely that the price has fallen . For you to be sure if it can be flashed to freecam I suggest you give the dealer a call and ask if the cam is the original 4.6Se irdeto cam which can be flashed.You can get Alphacrypt file from here

http://www.zedudtas.host.sk/index.htm under the firmware section.

Regards

Prince

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The first "0.03" & "0.04" series of Irdeto CI CAMs can be flashed directly (i.e. without physically removing the internal EEPROM). Flashing can be done via PCMCIA (so: laptop, or desktop with PCMCIA-adaptor) and also from a PC connected via SCSI to a Nokia 9600 running DVB "Dr. Overflow" software.

Alas, production of these ceased (making those you can still find very expensive) and the new "1.06" & "0.07B" series of Irdeto CI CAMs use the new generic "Euro CAM" chip-set. Euro CAMs can not be externally flashed. You have to open up the case, desolder the chip, and reprogram it via a special TSOP adaptor before resoldering it in and resealing the case. Only very skilled hobbyists can do this. In fact there is a very new series with even smaller chips so that the soldering work becomes even more difficult.

The "1.05" CAM is an intermediate series - very few were made. It is a "Euro" CAM which can be flashed via the laptop, although that can only be done once. It would not be possible to put FreeCAM firmware in there since that is specifically matched to the series-1 flashable CAM. But it would be possible to put Alphacrypt (which functions as an AllCAM) and indeed a whole bunch of other "Euro-CAM" compatible firmwares for various encryption systems.

By the way, there is NO CAM in existance which is capable of running each of the three you mention (AllCAM, FreeCAM, Alphacrypt).

I sense from some of your questions that you may not understand what "AllCAM" is. Please check the many posts in this forum. AllCAM is just a name that cropped-up and stuck in the early days of Irdeto CAMs, when the most interesting thing that could be done was to patch the CAM to allow it to procees not just Irdeto itself, but also the slightly different variant dubbed "Betacrypt" - as used by some German and Austrian providers. The term "AllCAM" is perhaps therfore misleading. The "All" refers merely to those two systems: Irdeto & Betacrypt.

A FreeCAM incorperates AllCAM functioanlity but also more. I won't repeat here for the fifty third time what that is exactly, but would ask you to read the many posts here on the board.

I posted a link on this board not very long ago to a site which holds just about every formware available for the various CAMs, as well as the tools for upgrading.

2old

Pongo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Many thanks for your excellent answers. I've contacted the company and they assure me that these cams will ALREADY be flashed to Freecam !!
Needless to say I've ordered one.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
when you get it and have verified it is indeed a FreeCAM, please post details. Particularly the part-number (90xxxx) on the back. I am very sceptical...

2old