Can anybody confirm if the service is live Atm

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ duo with a 300gb hdd also dm500 and tecnomate 5200 with a 1m and 1.1m motorized dishes and minidish fixed to 28.2
My Location
Belfast
As above im looking to install this tomorrow after work on a 1.25 gibi hopefully to avoid rainfade. Can anybody confirm if the service is active at the moment as im looking the all ireland football final in HD for the first time on sunday...:D:D:D:D:-righton

Chris

martinuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, C120 Invacom 0.3 LNB & Feedhorn, with Tm.Vbox &Technomate 5402HD
My Location
uk-stoke-on-trent
Chris76 said:
As above im looking to install this tomorrow after work on a 1.25 gibi hopefully to avoid rainfade. Can anybody confirm if the service is active at the moment as im looking the all ireland football final in HD for the first time on sunday...:D:D:D:D:-righton

Chris

What sats you looking for mate,dont think you get viasat were you are not with 1.2m

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It's Saorsat Martin, as per the section subject. ;)

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ duo with a 300gb hdd also dm500 and tecnomate 5200 with a 1m and 1.1m motorized dishes and minidish fixed to 28.2
My Location
Belfast
martinuk said:
What sats you looking for mate,dont think you get viasat were you are not with 1.2m

Hi Martin

I can pick up viasat with this dish m8 in belfast but it's the Irish freesat on 9 e that is going live early next year m8. There is reports of guys getting it in Wales on the spot beam but a large dish is needed I think it's a 1.8m from memory.

Chris

Sent from iPhone using Taptalk.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
2.4m in Swansea Chris. You should be fine in Belfast with a considerably smaller dish than 1.5m

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
Chris76 said:

Chris
It'll be live here on Saorview, RTE2 HD,:-righton no need for any dishes. Don't think Saorsat is live though, only test loops atm
I'm no fan of field sports though, bikes are my passion, road racing especially :-worship

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Thanks Ian. Did they ever find the plonker that put the oil on the road?

Sent from iPhone using Taptalk.

excollier

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
No , I don't think so, or you would have seen his withered corpse hanging from a tree beside the circuit, to deter others.
Much in the same way as farmers hang up dead crows or foxes they have shot.....:D
Don't you know anyone near the border to watch the game in HD with them?

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
excollier said:
No , I don't think so, or you would have seen his withered corpse hanging from a tree beside the circuit, to deter others.
Much in the same way as farmers hang up dead crows or foxes they have shot.....:D
Don't you know anyone near the border to watch the game in HD with them?

Hi Ian

That really made me laugh mate..As for Sunday im pretty confident that it will be broadcast on 9e in HD i will pop up a couple of screenshots on this thread. thanks as always for the help guys...

Chris

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Hi friends ...
I was -toying- with the idea of trying for Saorsat on the 1.8 ..._if_ I could find a relatively inexpensive ka lnb ...but
..as they are not available on the cheap...it would be an expensive mistake to make if its not a possibility.
Is Manchester too far East to even consider this ?
rgds
VS

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I reckon the answer to that VS is "we just dont know" until Ka lnb's become more easily available & folk start having a look to see what works where.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Vipersan said:
Hi friends ...
I was -toying- with the idea of trying for Saorsat on the 1.8 ..._if_ I could find a relatively inexpensive ka lnb ...but
..as they are not available on the cheap...it would be an expensive mistake to make if its not a possibility.
Is Manchester too far East to even consider this ?
rgds
VS
From what people suggest about KA Sat a 1.8m dish will be no good, especially if the northern France spot is running (same frequency as Ireland) because I think you are slightly closer to that one. Probably not worth the expense although it would be nice to get more reception reports...

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
..Well you guys should know me by now ... I love to experiment ...
If and when an inexpensive lnb becomes available ...I will almost certainly be tempted to try..
thanks for the replies.
rgds
VS

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
I hope the cheap LNBs are out soon as even though I have no chance in the south east, I'd still like to know how other people get on with fringe reception.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
timo_w2s said:
I hope the cheap LNBs are out soon as even though I have no chance in the south east, I'd still like to know how other people get on with fringe reception.
You and me both ..
Once the French service is up n running ...certainly there would be little chance of fringe reception ...
Is this the future of outr hobby ??
I suspect it is..
Hopefully I'll be long gone before the doors on the rest of the world finally close.
rgds
VS

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Vipersan said:
You and me both ..
Once the French service is up n running ...certainly there would be little chance of fringe reception ...
Is this the future of outr hobby ??
I suspect it is..
Hopefully I'll be long gone before the doors on the rest of the world finally close.
rgds
VS
Sadly it does feel like a step backwards in a way but I suppose it has to happen.

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Chris76 said:

Chris

I can confirm that the service isnt running atm as i have a lock on the carrier but nothing scanning into the vu duo..grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Also on a better note for peep's steve from ~ww.satellitetv.ie has 40mm collar ka lnb's coming in soon for around the 25euros.

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland

excollier

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Chris76 said:
I can confirm that the service isnt running atm as i have a lock on the carrier but nothing scanning into the vu duo..grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Also on a better note for peep's steve from ~ww.satellitetv.ie has 40mm collar ka lnb's coming in soon for around the 25euros.

Happy days! When? Must get a couple.

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
excollier said:
Happy days! When? Must get a couple.

@ttp://www.satellitetv.ie/shop/index.php?controller=product&path=27&product_id=352