Yeah, way too expensive!

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
49 Euros isn't bad considering what they currently cost!

JOHN896

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 2.4m Dish Fixed On 9.0 East Ka Band.Channel Master 1.2m Dish.Satellite Reception From,53.0E-45.0W.
My Location
Swansea Uk
According to another forum the date has been,delayed until early 2012 so yet another delay.

JOHN896

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 2.4m Dish Fixed On 9.0 East Ka Band.Channel Master 1.2m Dish.Satellite Reception From,53.0E-45.0W.
My Location
Swansea Uk
Pat Rabbitte (Minister, Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources; Dublin South West, Labour)
Issues relating to television coverage is specific areas of the country are an operational matter for RTÉ. The Broadcasting Act 2009 provides for RTÉ to rollout a digital TV network to the same extent as the analogue TV network. RTÉ has informed my Department that the current analogue TV network covers 98% of the population and that its new digital TV network called Saorview will also cover 98% of the population. RTÉ has developed a website providing information on the Saorview service including coverage information and this is available on its website .

In addition, RTÉ is planning to launch a new satellite service to cover the remaining 2% of the population. RTÉ is not obliged to provide a satellite service and is doing so as a commercial venture. It is my understanding that, once the satellite service has launched, it will mean that Ireland will have a national TV network covering 100% of the population, for the first time.

RTÉ is currently testing the satellite service to check, inter alia, coverage and other issues and to ensure the availability of satellite receivers, once it launches. RTÉ considers that the service will be ready to launch in early 2012.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Forgive my ignorance, but aren't Irish channels available on 28.2E already? If so, why didn't Ireland launch their "Irish Freesat" service using already existing signals?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Because they want to geographically restrict them and the Ka Band Spots are miniscule. Very little "overspill".

andrewcrawford

Reaction score
Website
www.computersupportservicescs.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Dual DVB-2S computer system and DUal Qbox HD Mini with oscam
My Location
scotland
Captain Jack said:
Forgive my ignorance, but aren't Irish channels available on 28.2E already? If so, why didn't Ireland launch their "Irish Freesat" service using already existing signals?

yes there on 28.3e but enctyped as rte can have the channels viewed in teh uk so hence ka sat where teh beam is so tiet that it will only really cover ireland meaning they can go fta

anyone know if the beam cover central scotland bit hard to tell with tha spot beam map to tell without it overlay on map of uk

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The main Irish Ka beam just about covers Ireland. You will probably be looking at a dish 3m+ to get the Irish Ka band channels in central Scotland.

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
You may get Irish Ka spot on a dish that size initially, but when the other spot beams go live, they will likely cancel each other out, then no matter what size of dish you use, it won't be of any use. Frequency dependent, of course.
Having said that, from what I read, adjacent spots will have to differ, so maybe central Scotland will prove possible long term.

petediscrete

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
mvision hd200 combo + Technomate 5400 Super+ technomate diseqc motor+ TD110 dish
My Location
Ireland and Gran Canaria
Folks from the ++++ they broadcast most of the time I wouldn't bother going to any trouble or expense to receive it.If you are really that desperate you can always stream it on the internet.

andrewcrawford

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
scotland
excollier said:
You may get Irish Ka spot on a dish that size initially, but when the other spot beams go live, they will likely cancel each other out, then no matter what size of dish you use, it won't be of any use. Frequency dependent, of course.
Having said that, from what I read, adjacent spots will have to differ, so maybe central Scotland will prove possible long term.

it kinda wha ti ws thinking because there isa overlap so if they used the same frequncie then someone in th overlap area might get no service or get teh wrong one or constally switching between scotland spot and ireland spot

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I am dyslexic so excuse my poor English ie spelling and grammar. please do not advise me to use a spell-checker as they only work so much but since i can not know how to spell in the first place or my brain spells it differently seeing options is of no use

Brief bit of Off Topic: Good for you to say this - I am very mildly dyslexic myself and make an awful lot of what to others seem to be typos, and I am forever editing my own Posts when I twig something looks wrong!

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Tivù said:
I am dyslexic so excuse my poor English ie spelling and grammar. please do not advise me to use a spell-checker as they only work so much but since i can not know how to spell in the first place or my brain spells it differently seeing options is of no use

Brief bit of Off Topic: Good for you to say this - I am very mildly dyslexic myself and make an awful lot of what to others seem to be typos, and I am forever editing my own Posts when I twig something looks wrong!

One of my friends is also dyslexic. Sometimes it's difficult to understand what she writes because of so many typos. She was also saying that spell checkers don't help... :(

andrewcrawford

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
scotland
Captain Jack said:
One of my friends is also dyslexic. Sometimes it's difficult to understand what she writes because of so many typos. She was also saying that spell checkers don't help... :(

hardly anyone believe that a spell checker does nto help, but i can assure it it doesn't the spell checker work on algorithms and use what you spell to give options, now there two problems to this, one sometimes depending on hwo you spell the word sometimes it gives say 10+ options because there is a lot of similar words, or because how you have spelt it it can not work out what your trying to spell because the spell checkers also use phontics to spells ie break the word down to syballes and sounds. i have acutally worked with some companies that make spell checkers since i do software development and i know how my brain works to try improve them but without making them very large complex programs it is impossiable because to acutally make a program that reads around the word ie looks at the context of teh senteance and what teh setenance is tryign to say so make the word easier to determine makes the spell checkers very large and even powerful computer slow down trying to process it in the end i advised teh company that the best to do was to improve what the algorithm was but it only provide a slight improvement not much that helps me. oh if anyone thinks it just down to me typing it wrong if that was the case why is it the same mistake happens in the same way? although some very few mistakes i make are down to typing and generally i do fix them because when i reread the thing i wrote it stands out the only reason i know there error in this is the spell checker is highlighting them 'impossiable' and 'phontics' that is a example of the spell checker giving weird options

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ duo with a 300gb hdd also dm500 and tecnomate 5200 with a 1m and 1.1m motorized dishes and minidish fixed to 28.2
My Location
Belfast
The KA lnb's are now available at a decent price from here @ttp://www.vanjak.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=33187

Attachments

• screenshot (2).jpg
    screenshot (2).jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 72
  • screenshot (3).jpg
    screenshot (3).jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 69

excollier

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
They sold out!!
I got two of them....

What size of dish did you use, the Irish forum might like a report.
Someone in Portadown reports success on a Sky zone 2!

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
What was the price?

excollier

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
€35 each, or sterling equivalent

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ duo with a 300gb hdd also dm500 and tecnomate 5200 with a 1m and 1.1m motorized dishes and minidish fixed to 28.2
My Location
Belfast
I will try tomorrow on a mini-dish and let you know Ian..

excollier said:
They sold out!!
I got two of them....

What size of dish did you use, the Irish forum might like a report.
Someone in Portadown reports success on a Sky zone 2!

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Anyone know of another source ?
Still out of stock @ Vanjak ..
perhaps someone who has one can post up the model number of the lnb ..so at least I have something positive to search the net for ..
rgds
VS