Can anyone answer please?

aab009

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm7020
My Location
Saudi Arabia
Hello

What is the differences between qbox hd and Vu+ DUO?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hello

Welcome to the forum
It is unlikely anybody is going to be able to unless they have bought both stbs, which would of course be very expensive and as this is a hobbyists forum it is therefore not a very realistic question, there is a recession on you know.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
A good place to start is by comparing the specifications: _http://www.qboxhd.com/ and _http://vuplus.com/?page_id=4.

From what I understand, one of the main differences is VU+ has a twin DVB-S2 tuner, so only good for satellite broadcasts, but you can watch one channel while you record another. The QBOX HD comes with a DVB-T tuner for terrestrial TV and a DVB-S2 tuner for satellite TV but you can have up to three tuners fitted. The QBOX HD has an optional WLAN module for connecting to your computer network.

aab009

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm7020
My Location
Saudi Arabia
thaks for answer

Can I add image in Qbox?
How do I put CCcam in Qbox?

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Take a look at the Duolabs forum: there are some very unhappy users complaining about features that do not work (like the cable tuner). VU+ has the advantage that it is too new to have feedback on its customer support. The other advantage of the VU+ seems to be that it is much closer to Dreambox HD products, with a similar processor, etc. This means potentially there should be a better fit with open source software developed for the Dreambox. That said, I am still waiting to buy a Linux-powered HD box until it becomes clearer which box offers the best value for money.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Another point to be aware of with the QBOX HD: according to the Duolabs forum, the only tuner combinations that work are one DVB-S2 and one DVB-T or one DVB-S2 and one DVB-C. So you can't have three tuners and you can't have two DVB-S2 tuners and you can't have one DVB-C and one DVB-T tuner.