Can i get a saorview/satelite combibox with full satelite weekly epg listings ?

Sateal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a ferguson ariva153 COMBO box
My Location
County meath ireland
Is it possible to get a combibox with full satellite weekly tv schedule listings. The box I have only does tv listings for two days.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Which satellite channels? All on 28.2°E are now & next only so it's interesting your box gives two days of data. It is possible with an Enigma 2 box like an Octagon SF8008, though I'm unsure if it needs to pull the 7 day schedule from an online source or if it can use Freesat data.

Sateal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
County meath ireland
@ozumo yeah I ment 2 programmes or now and next not 2days. Can I get an online source that will email me the satellite tv listings for the week. Or is there a device, that you mention, that can get get schedule from online source

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
With an Enigma 2 operating system based receiver (such as the previously mentioned SF8008) there are software 'plug-ins' which can can be installed that will pull the schedule data from an online source and automatically populate the receiver's EPG. Be aware the receivers have a steep learning curve.

Sateal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
County meath ireland
@ozumo How bad of a steep learning curve. I would be a novice at set top boxes, would that be enough.

Last edited:

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
crossepg plugin uses a 28.2 TP to bring in the EPG data
epgimporter - uses an online source

i used to use crossepg, but now i use epgimporter as it can do more than just freesat\sly

Ferret

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gigablue UE 4K
Octagon SF8008
Viark Sat 4k
Viark DRS2
Qviart Dual
BuzzTv XRS4500
Nvidia Shield
Eachlink X3 Mini 4/64gb
My Location
Leeds
You will have most of the hard work done for you if you choose an image such as VIX as this has many EPG option the best one for me is EPG-Importer which will pull a 5-7 day epg via Rytec sources.

You need to be able to flash the image easy way is using a USB stick and it would benefit you if you know how FTP and Telnet works.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
@ozumo How bad of a steep learning curve. I would be a novice at set top boxes, would that be enough.
If you just want Saorview & 28.2°E it shouldn't be too much of a faff to get going. Just make sure you buy it from somewhere that allows you to return the receiver if you don't get along with it.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
@ozumo yeah I ment 2 programmes or now and next not 2days. Can I get an online source that will email me the satellite tv listings for the week. Or is there a device, that you mention, that can get get schedule from online source
SaorView is a group of channels on the platform, a weekly programme guide is available on their site and from any content information source into the region of Ireland, a magazine or journal equivalent to the Radio Times for example.