Canal Sat France Astra 19.2E Package Details

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Here is the Canal Sat France Package details from Astra 19.2E
This is an excellent package with about 300 channels (TV, Radio, Interactive) and has many flexible options starting with a basic entry level of 20.9 Euro/month (if you are living in France)
Smartcards are available in Europe with a surprisingly reasonable prices compared to those in France.
With the merger with TPS early last year, this leaves Canal Sat without any major competition. Their prices at the present are quite reasonable. Let's hope they will continue to do so even after TPS vanishes from Hot Bird 13E (date still unknown).
Encryption is Mediaguard (Seca) on all channels and there are also some channels with several encryptions like Viaccess and Cryptoworks.
But the smartcard is in Seca, so you need an Astoncrypt CI CAM or a receiver with an embedded AstonCrypt CAM.

[iframe]http://www.satellite-newbie.co.uk/sat1/canalsat.htm[/iframe]

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Some more information regarding the Canal + and Canal + Le Bouquetes.

The Canal + website is _http://www.canalplus.fr

Canal + Le Bouquetes has 6 exclusive channels (see post #1)
The subscription includes 110 channels and services.
Subscription cost is 15 Euro/month for the first 4 months and then the cost is 31.90 Euro/month
There is an initial setup charges and cost of the receiver.

For the programmes: _http://www.programmes.canalplus.fr

goldfish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax va ace , monoblock, 90 cm dish.
Official Canal Sat card.
A ladder but no one to fix the dish for me.
My Location
London NW
Canal sat is now in Viaccess 3 and many poeple had to buy a new receiver, cards are now more expensive as people who buy a stand alone card have to pay a card rental fee and a monthly fee for a receiver they do not have.Canal sat do not sell the receiver anymore but rent it. It's cheaper to buy the card dorect from France, it is quite expensive here in the UK.

kenrea

Reaction score
I think everything is more expensive in the UK, I have been waiting for nearly a month now to receive my C+ and Canalsat card. A french friend
is getting me one, there appears to be quite a lot of animosity towards
Canal from their subscribers because of the change over.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
CanalSat signals being transmitted from 26E also. What this means, CanalSat going to arabian market, and will sell cards there?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Limited channels only:

From the ArabSat site:

Paris, January 21, 2009

CANAL+ Group has announced the launch of a French-speaking channel package over a satellite in Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia.

The launch is the result of a partnership between CANAL OVERSEAS, the CANAL+ Group affiliate in charge of international operations and development, and ARABSAT, one of the leading satellite operators in the world and the number one satellite provider in Arab countries.

CANAL OVERSEAS has developed its expertise as an international pay-TV operator. It is responsible for putting together the offer, technical support, conditional access, and marketing.

ARABSAT is in charge of broadcasting the offer over North Africa via its new BADR 6 satellite launched in August 2008.

Marketed under the LE BOUQUET DE CANAL+ brand, the package includes more than 25 channels covering the most popular TV topics :

- Premium: CANAL+ ESSENTIEL, the premium channel specially developed for North Africa countries, CANAL+ CINEMA, and CANAL+ Family
- Movies: CINECINEMA FRISSON and CINECINEMA STAR
- General-interest channels: France, France 3, France 5, and TV Breizh
- Entertainment: Game One
- Music: MTV, NRJ Hits, Trace and M6 Music Hits
- Discovery: Palnète, Planète Thalassa, Ushuaïa TV and Histoire
- Children: Piwi, Télétoon
- News: iTélé and LCI
- Lifestyle: Cuisine TV
- Sports: Infosport, OL TV, OM TV, Girondins TV

Full article mentions it will use pre-paid cards and will be encrypted with Viaccess.

_http://www.arabsat.com/ArabSat/English/Press/2008/CANAL+PLUS+GROUP+TO+LAUNCH+FRENCH+SATELLITE+OFFER+IN+NORTH+AFRICA+WITH+ARABSAT.htm

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
Good info. Interesting, what will be the price? :)

ntscforever

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100cm dish
clarke tech 2001 blind scan
sky digibox uk
My Location
italy
BombedOne said:
Good info. Interesting, what will be the price? :)
yes and where can we find these cards? Even the french one I am interest to...