Can't do blind scan on Technomate 6800HD Super

barrykap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM6800, Technomate TM6800 Super, Technomate 5200, Humax Foxsat HDR, Humax CI-8100, Lemon FTA, Force Frontier T90, Channelmaster 1.2 + Jaeger 1224, Misc other bits and bobs.
My Location
North Staffordshire
I had this receiver a few months ago and commenced doing blind search on about 15 sats. It went fine, but just trying a sixteenth sat it will no longer work.

It comes up with 'TP memory full' or something.

I have a grand total of about 6500 channels so there must be memory left.

I tried deleting some obsolete TP's but no way will it delete them. Pressing the blue function button whne the delete option is available does nothing at all.

Just recently I have tried doing a new blind scan on one of the existing satellites to update the channel list. But it just crashes back to a reboot when I press the OK button to start the blind scan.

Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong? Or is it a faulty receiver?

Thanks.

Barry.

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
heard this before ... you can have 10,000 channels but not enough tps...

Can you back up what you have now so you can experiment ... (to USB if possible)

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
I had a similar problem on a visionet receiver which would act sluggish after 3000 channels. One cure was to erase all the radio channels,but leave one behind.

barrykap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM6800, Technomate TM6800 Super, Technomate 5200, Humax Foxsat HDR, Humax CI-8100, Lemon FTA, Force Frontier T90, Channelmaster 1.2 + Jaeger 1224, Misc other bits and bobs.
My Location
North Staffordshire
Hi Pedro.

I could experiment anyway without saving because I would prefer to rescan all again I think as there may be some TP' s that have come along since anyway.

Fire away if you have any suggestions.

Cheers.

Barry.

ps. Drove past your big dish today actually :-)

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
see if there is a bug fix (sorry newer version) on TM's site and download it if there is a newer version...

If you can't delete TPs.. or some channels (or Radio) then try deleting TPs

then...

I don't like doing a factory reset without saving but if you are using USALs it's quick to get it all back ...

then avoid going too near the maximum number of TPs by a good margin... and do regular back ups too ...

Try Jodrell Bank in dishpointer.com or Google Earth...

and for all it's size.. they can still only get radio...:)

barrykap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Staffordshire
Hi Pedro

I use Diseq 1.2 on my two motor dishes. I hate USALs, both unreliable and spoils all the fun. So doing a factory reset would mess this up a bit as I didn't want to have to tune them in again at this point in time.

I was thinking of maybe deleting all channels on each sat and doing a blind re-scan on say 80% of the sats? Or are TP's stored forever once blind-scanned? If so, it seems a reset is the only option.

Another alternative is to maybe delete a full satellite or two completely?

Would this free up some TP's?

Cheers.

Barry

ps. Am on latest firmware by the way.

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
Actually the locations (of sats) are stored on the motor and the TM defaults sats to the diseqc 1.2 positions (1-60 or whatever positions) so the positions will (should) still be there and line up ...

I thought you had problems deleting TPs... if you can delete them they should release the memory log jam...

You can delete a full satellite you're not bothered about.. etc.. it should also release the log jam.. ( I say should because you are dealing with a bug so nothing is 100%... like MS stuff etc.)

then edit out unwanted & especially ..duplicated tps which is probably the main problem- that is blind scans find TPs twice or three times giving them a slightly different frequency but they are time consuming to find using alphabetical listing and see the duplicates with similar frequencies- identify the middle freq'and delete the others ....

...have fun....

barrykap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Staffordshire
Hi Pedro,

Yes I think I did do a reset once and was surprised to find the sats all still tuned in (Diseq 1.2 positions).

And as I said in my first posting, for some weird reason the TM won't let me delete any TP's. If it would I am sure all my problems would be solved as you say there are a few dupes and I am sure I could get rid of even more TP's - if only it would allow me to!

When I have the edit screen up and the blue function button says 'delete TP'. I can press it forever but it won't! :-)

Anyway, I will have another go at it later in the week and see if can delete sats etc. I'll report back on here in case you are interested.

Thanks again.

Barry.

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
technomate 6900,,and invacom 0.3 quad lnb
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
have you tried the clarke tech editor to delete the tps

barrykap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Staffordshire
Don't know about that one iwol.

Any details?

Cheers.

barry.

barrykap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Staffordshire
Found it!

Downloaded Clark-tech.

I've modified channel list to delete all TP's on two Sats I would never get, then re-inserted the channal data in the Techno and yes, I can now do a blind scan again!

I will remove a lot more TPs this way to make room for future blind scans.

Many thanks for the tip.

Barry.