Can't flash in DM8000

Siggis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hi
My Location
Norway
Hi! Finally I got a DM8000 yesterday, but as usual it appears problems.
When I try to add the flash on the DM8000, it does not accept the IP address. It does not arrive any IP to flash via webinterface. I have tried DreamUP, but it says: "Files not found"

It looks as if there is any problem with the image (1.7 nabilo), it does not update. In the network settings, it says that IP is not available, but it is connected to the router.

Can anyone help me? Thank you, I appreciate every single suggestion :)

aandra

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sat@computer engineering
My Location
Estonia

oldfart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
Invacom Quattro LNB
Chayofa, Tenerife
DM8K
My Location
Tenerife
The ONLY way I get it to work EVERY time is:-
1. get a 'good' RS232 lead - I got a cheapo - it doesn't do the job - bought one from m.a.p.l.i.n
2. Turn off your windows firewall. You need the IP address of the DM - switch off, then switch back on whilst holding down the bottom button - it will tell you the IP address. Switch off again, take ALL leads out.
3. Connect PC DIRECTLY to DM with network lead & RS232 lead - if you don't have a PROPER RS232 interface on your PC - you are screwed! USB to RS232 don't work.
4. run Dreamup and connect to DM, using IP address.
Tried nearly EVERY other combination - doesn't work!!!! (despite what other people might say).
Best bet - install Barry Allen & put your image onto HD, then you can load whatever image you want.
All the above - in my humble opinion & hours of re-booting/sweating & swearing!

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
If you have a working home network with a router the router must have an enabled DHCP server. If you have this then flashing by the web interface using my guide takes approximatley 2 minutes, it couldn't be easier.
Dreamup has always been problematic , its not stable and not reliable.

Siggis, when you power on, do you see STOP in the OLED display, if so, then let go of the lower button. Now you should see an IP address. If you don't it can only be your network cable or your router.

aass5591hh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox8000
My Location
egypt
its same withe me didnt see any dream up cant have any ip to upted it and didnt see ddc ido know what can ido and my bo open and stop in ssll83 on thes screen thta is all it do so can any help