Car boot sale find.

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
HI EVERYONE! At a car boot sale this morning and on the way out I passed a stall and there were two receivers. Looking closer I saw it was a Skybox F5 and a Skybox F5S. No remotes or power supplies with them but no problem and got them for £3. They both power up but I will have to wait for the remote coming. Can anyone tell me more about these please? :-respekt

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I've got two F3s.

Decent, cheap workhorses, originally sold primarily for their Softcam features (hence the "Skybox" name, albeit essentially redundant by now)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Some of that series were known for cap failure in the psu. Mine succumbed after about 3 years use. Cheap as chips, often came with a "gift" (c/s) on them. Probably 5 or 6 years old now.

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
Not a bad boot sale score then!!:)

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
The remote arrived today so I tried out both Skyboxes. The F5 is totally goosed, but the F5S is fully working so that's a result.

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
Can anyone tell me how to upgrade its firmware? I have not a clue!

fredfunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 meter dish spider box 7000hd
My Location
liverpool
you need to format a little usb pen drive -fat32 i believe.
Do a google search for latest firmware- put onto the pen drive Unzipped if its in zip or rar format.
Menu settings and update by usb select the firmware you put on drive, let it fully install and reboot
Ive got a f5 and f5s sat in a cupboard for ages but got them out recently just to play with so i was looking for same as you.
Hope this helps