Clarke Tech 5000 HD Combo Plus

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
* Clarke Tech 5000 HD Combo Plus * Gibertini 104 cm * Invacom TNH-031 0.3dB * Diablo 2 + CAS 3 plus * motor GT SAT - DM15AT * 53°E - 58°W in USALS * Full HD LG Scarlet 42lg7000 * Western Digital HD TV Player Live *
My Location
NL+IT
Hello,

Within 2 days I will get my first HD receiver...finally:) !!!

It will be a CT 5000 HD Combo Plus now I kindly ask you all 3 questions:

-what are your applications with the ethernet connection?
-what are your personal impressions about the receiver?
-what makes you really angry:mad:?

Thanks in advance for your feed back;)

f.mateus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HP
My Location
PORTUGAL
Hi friend Lauro2008, sorry for disturbyou, but i the future next I´m looking to get a Clarcke Tech 5000 HDC+ but I miss to know if it is a good choice, because four years ago I´ve got a Humax 2000 hdci, it was a razonable choice, but in softwere progress is very poor, and parching, fixing or openning channels is normally a problem because it dont have same features as many others, so I´m trying to ask as much as I can, to a Clarcke Tech 5000 HDC+ wonners, if they are happy with this reciever, because it can hep me in the decision, because I´m looking as well for a Dreambox 800 HD PVR, but this choice is more expensive...
so if you can give me a word obout this reciever ct 5000 hdc+ and if it works perfetelly with a diablo ligth 2.3, I will apreciate it very much
My thanks and a very happy year 2009. :)

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
* Clarke Tech 5000 HD Combo Plus * Gibertini 104 cm * Invacom TNH-031 0.3dB * Diablo 2 + CAS 3 plus * motor GT SAT - DM15AT * 53°E - 58°W in USALS * Full HD LG Scarlet 42lg7000 * Western Digital HD TV Player Live *
My Location
NL+IT
f.mateus said:
Hi friend Lauro2008, sorry for disturbyou, but i the future next I´m looking to get a Clarcke Tech 5000 HDC+ but I miss to know if it is a good choice, because four years ago I´ve got a Humax 2000 hdci, it was a razonable choice, but in softwere progress is very poor, and parching, fixing or openning channels is normally a problem because it dont have same features as many others, so I´m trying to ask as much as I can, to a Clarcke Tech 5000 HDC+ wonners, if they are happy with this reciever, because it can hep me in the decision, because I´m looking as well for a Dreambox 800 HD PVR, but this choice is more expensive...
so if you can give me a word obout this reciever ct 5000 hdc+ and if it works perfetelly with a diablo ligth 2.3, I will apreciate it very much
My thanks and a very happy year 2009. :)

Bom dia;) mateus,

Actually I'm also looking for answers about this receivers:)....

I got it yday, put the latest firmware,softcam,channel-settings and diablo 2.3: simply perfect! :toke:

It is too early to write my impressions but what I can tell you is that Clarke Tech owners are fully supported with softwares:)
If you consider that I still have and I don't want to sell a CT2100plus....;)

So far so good

Ciao

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NL+IT
I still consider the receiver a great one BUT how I can get some "c/s steps" it is a mistery :-(

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
I'm also interested in this receiver. As I've understood from russian forums, there's "alternative" firmwares, ending with P letter in name, that support c/s over ethernet.

Anyone tested this receiver with diablo wifi ?

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NL+IT
BombedOne said:
I'm also interested in this receiver. As I've understood from russian forums, there's "alternative" firmwares, ending with P letter in name, that support c/s over ethernet.

Anyone tested this receiver with diablo wifi ?

Hello BombedOne,

Is everything OK in Georgia? Probably you know more than me about alternative firmwares.

The receiver is just perfect :) use it with a Diablo 2.3 (not wifi) but I stopped digging around c/s ;)

Can you, pls, send me the Russian link in PM?

Thanks

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
I also ordered this receiver, when it arrives, I'll give you best firmware then, because there are several versions of them, and some need non-standart loading ways.

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NL+IT
BombedOne said:
I also ordered this receiver, when it arrives, I'll give you best firmware then, because there are several versions of them, and some need non-standart loading ways.

Only now I got what you meant by "firmwares with a p at the end"...currently I have 158 (Original) and 162p (Emu). It is 2 months now with the same one )(-red...awaiting for the 163p :)

Keep you posted

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NL+IT
BombedOne said:

any news? thanks

lindeman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none yet
My Location
Estonia
hi! can you watch MPEG-2 4:2:2 feeds with Clarke-Tech HD 5000 Combo Plus?

bmcb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Clarke-Tech HD 5000-C Plus
My Location
Ireland
I have had the Clarke-Tech 5000-C Plus for over a year now, and in general it has worked fine. I have tried to keep it up-to-date with the official firmware releases. In the last week, I loaded the most recent firmware - Release 212. I noticed that timer recordings were not working properly afterwards. (I have an eSata drive - but also checked USB - neither worked). I decided to revert to software version 207 tonight. After loading 207 the receiver shut-down, but failed to restart. It is now completely dead, and will not start even after a power-cycle. It seems like the firmware downgrade has failed. The last message on the display before it died was "Write OK". Is there any way to reload firmware on a box with bad firmware? Can I connect using the RS232 port?

I would really appreciate some help on this.