Advice Needed cm polarmount ?.

butchyboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.8m motorised on c band,ku band,1.2 metre prime focus irte dish, 1.85cm offset mabo dish,vu+duo & 42 HD lcd tv
My Location
ireland
hi guys im getting a polarmount made for my cm 1.8m i have the original cm polarmount to go by.i have attached a picture and marked the 2 places to show you what im on about.Inkedmount_Modified_Elevation_trial_49_LI.jpg
but my question is what is the name or proper name of the 2 bolts or brass bushing thats on the swivel part which allows the mount to swing east or west.
what is the proper name for these and where can i get 2 of them for this job?,appreciate your help cheers.
Inkedmount_Modified_Elevation_trial_49_LI.jpg

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You mean the bearings, or the type of bearings (plain/oilite) ?

butchyboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.8m motorised on c band,ku band,1.2 metre prime focus irte dish, 1.85cm offset mabo dish,vu+duo & 42 HD lcd tv
My Location
ireland

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Bearing assembly.

butchyboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ireland

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Use the ones out of the IRTE mount.

butchyboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ireland
Use the ones out of the IRTE mount.

no im not using the ones from my irte mount as its mounted to my irte 1.2m dish.

so if you could put a link up of where i can buy them that be great.

butchyboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ireland

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
isnt that an American number?

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
isnt that an American number?

It is the USA number for Raven.

Rather than waste time and money phoning the USA for a couple of oilite bushes there are plenty UK suppliers who have a whole range of these things.
The two that immediately come to mind are bearing boys and simply bearings.

If "butchy" can take a few photos of the bearing/bush setup on the mount and measure their dimensions it should be easy enough to source something.

butchyboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ireland
It is the USA number for Raven.

Rather than waste time and money phoning the USA for a couple of oilite bushes there are plenty UK suppliers who have a whole range of these things.
The two that immediately come to mind are bearing boys and simply bearings.

If "butchy" can take a few photos of the bearing/bush setup on the mount and measure their dimensions it should be easy enough to source something.

do these bushings just simply go over the bolts and its the bushings then that are protecting the bolts from wearing when its moving east west?.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
do these bushings just simply go over the bolts and its the bushings then that are protecting the bolts from wearing when its moving east west?.

If you can take some pictures of the polar mount with the ring assembly removed it will show precisely what is going on.
There might not even be an oilite bush in the axial rotation points, it might just be a bolt, washers, spring washers and nuts on the rotational axis?

If there are oilite bushes, the bolt would normally pass through the bush and the non threaded part of the bolt would be the part in contact with the oilite bush.
Out of choice, you would not generally use a set screw (fully threaded bolt) with an oilite bush.

butchyboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ireland
If you can take some pictures of the polar mount with the ring assembly removed it will show precisely what is going on.
There might not even be an oilite bush in the axial rotation points, it might just be a bolt, washers, spring washers and nuts on the rotational axis?

If there are oilite bushes, the bolt would normally pass through the bush and the non threaded part of the bolt would be the part in contact with the oilite bush.
Out of choice, you would not generally use a set screw (fully threaded bolt) with an oilite bush.
i do not have the original polarmount here yet,but i was sent pictures of it and it looks like there is only threaded bolts axial rotation points and that is not the correct way at all.looks like from the pictures i was sent the originals are not there as in the rotation axis parts.
have attached the pics of the cm pm that im getting a loan of.

Attachments

• cm1.jpg
    cm1.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 36
  • cm2.jpg
    cm2.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 36
  • cm3.jpg
    cm3.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 45

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I have never used a CM 1.8m polar mount so do not know if there are oilite bushes in it or not.
Perhaps it was designed and built without any bushes on the axis rotational points and they only used bolts, washers and nuts?

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
Mine has stepped bushes in it - same as the 1.2 mount ... but larger ..... some pics here from a few years ago of some 1.2 ones
bush - bearing  3.jpg bush - bearing  5.jpg

Last edited:

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Mine has stepped bushes in it - same as the 1.2 mount ... but larger ..... some pics here from a few years ago of some 1.2 ones
View attachment 136763 View attachment 136764

@nelson_b

They are very helpful pictures, they shows exactly what is required.

@butchyboy

In the links I provided above the type of oilite bush you want is the flanged oilite bush of whatever size is appropriate for the mount made up by your fabricator.
I would think M12 bolts and suitable flanged oilite bushes would be up to the task?

Last edited:

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
A CM 1.2M polar mount has a flanged bush and a plain bush. The plain bush fits inside the flanged bush. In nelson_b's photo the plain bush is below the flanged bush (I think).

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
A CM 1.2M polar mount has a flanged bush and a plain bush. The plain bush fits inside the flanged bush. In nelson_b's photo the plain bush is below the flanged bush (I think).
The first image in post 14 appears to have a bearing on the lower mountng point.

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.

Indeed you are correct @ozumo it is a steel insert /bush in the photo ... so long since i had one apart and took that photo , i had forgotten that ... the 1.8 is almost certainly the same i,m sure .. i will see if i can check that later without removing the bottom bolt , as the mount is in use ... maybe i can see if i take the nut and washer off ?