Codes etc.

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello All

Just trying to get my head around this subject so this is probably a 'daft' question, but..

I see sites that post 'coded' for various encrytion methods, and these often have months appendeded.

If for instance there are codes for December and January, can the January codes be used during December and January, or does it mean that December codes must be loaded until they expire, then the ones for January added afterwards.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards

W Hole

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If there is a code for a month available as far as i know it should be usable.

rolf

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
So if there is a code now for say - January, will it work for December and January?

Regards

W Hole

I'm just trying to find out how often they need to be changed.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes should do, the way the codes are obtained is by logging, so they must be in use now.....Unless I've got totally the wrong end of the stick (wouldn't be the first time) :)

Rolf

R

Robinson

I'm not quite sure about Dec-Jan codes used for Seca.
In December the use Dec key and in January they use Jan key. Of course, both these codes can be stored on your card at the same time, so when the provider switches to Jan key, you will not even notice the change.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, see where you're coming from Robinson, but amounts probably to the same thing I would guess.

rolf

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello All

Thanks for the info chaps.

I think I am getting the picture.

The card can hold more than one set of keys per provider and these are coded with a prefix which equates to the 'month', so that advance months can be loaded, and 'used' by the provider when appropriate.

Now then .. just as a rough guide, it seems that these are usually available about 1 to 2 months in advance, so for instance as of today we have November and December.

Do they actually run to a regular pattern, and at what stage do they normally expire. i.e. would November codes 'usually' run out at the same time as each other, or is there no special pattern?

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I can't find the specific answers I am looking for, so please bear with me - as David D. would say.

Regards

W Hole