connection 5400 to notebook

U

unkletom

Hi folks,

just a quick one....

I used to load firmware etc from my pc to the hummy via null modem cable; now I want to do the same from my laptop (Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro) which hasn't got a RS232 connection. There are RS232 to USB cables available but will a USB connection be recognized by the software (eg. Humax Toolbox etc.)?

Can anyone point me in the right direction which cable I will need?

Cheers...Tom

C

cloof

My Satellite Setup
srt 2.3
My Location
australia
yes it will work
you should be able to go in and cange the port settings to suit that of the device
hope this helps
:cool:

G

gerryl

Know others had some probs, so if yer laptop has a built in Express Card Slot use a 'APIOTEK CLASSIC Serial Port Express Card Adapter' (do a google).

Have tested most of the Hummy Tools even DSR9500 worked first time!...as above ye need to set the Comms Port (set mine to '1') as that the default in the tools!

have a look..._http://www.usbnow.co.uk/PCMCIA,_Express_&_PCI_Cards-Express_Cards/c7_28/index.html

Best Luck:toke:

C

caracash

My Satellite Setup
Humax, motor, 80 cm dish
My Location
Hungary
Hi unkletom,
Sure it will. I have the same computer and I have several devices connected to it via USB. EACH OF THEM uses virtual serial ports, and the programs handling the devices (e. g. fax) were originally designed to use serial ports.
I tripped into this forum searching for tools to patch my Humax.